Mar 19, 2010

Dance with Me Henry

What is it they say? "The 3rd time's a charm." That's what Thursday night proved to be for me. I've posted about my first two attempts at canvas painting at local studio, Easely Amused. Thursday night I went for a third time with my BFF Jana.

Jana was one of my college students during my first years of teaching. Since then, she has become a very close friend. She's seen and heard me at my worst - emotionally, spiritually, and physically. And she stuck around to see me during some of my bests. I can always count on her to make me laugh when I need it, or listen to me cry when I need that. I wouldn't trade her or the friendship God has given us for anything.

About a month ago, she and I signed up to paint the canvas, "Dance with Me Henry." It's a flower. (But not a magnolia, thank goodness.) I think after having gone three times, I'm starting to get the hang of painting on canvas. Here I am about half-way through.

And here is Jana's painting about half-way through. I feel I need to note, it's her first time.

Here's my blue flower. I kind of liked it like that. But there was more done before we were finished.

And here we are with our finished painting. I think I might actually hang this one somewhere in my house or office at work. And as you can see, I'm a BIG fan of polka dots.

And where were Honey and Sugar during all this "dilly-dallying"? Well, Reagan has been involved in a MAJOR work project this week, so he was at the store. And Sara Madalin was with her Uncle David and Aunt Sue-Sue. They went to eat Italian food and ice cream. When I picked her up, she and Scooby had already gone to sleep in the Big Bed. That girl has got it made.
post signature

8 comments:

blessedmomto8 said...

That looks SO FUN and I LOVE both your paintings however, I am more of a pink fan :) HUGS!

Laura said...

Where is this place at? Don't you live near Jax, MS? I would love to do this!! Great art work!!

Carrie said...

You are very talented! That looks like such a fun girls' night out!

Pam Stewart said...

Love this one

Amanda Negley said...

Very lovely! I'm so glad you gave it another go! And that Sugar, she's just too sweet!

Jana said...

Thank you Malinda for those sweet words you said about me! You and I have a true friendship for sure! I could write all the same things about you and they would be so true!
By the way I am going to see if I can get a booth at the Canton Flea Market and sell my paintings! Do you think you know of anybody that could help get me a "good" spot!!

Riding the Roller Coaster said...

Hello! I'm following from FFF at MBC. Nice to meet you! Hope you get a chance to stop by for a visit!

http://militaryspouserollercoasterride.blogspot.com/

Paige said...

Oh my goodness! That is great! Love the colors in it. Have a great week!