Mar 12, 2010

Mississippi Queen

Last night I went to Easely Amused with my friend Regina. She wanted to go paint the magnolia that they titled "Mississippi Queen." My finished painting looked NOTHING like the painting that was demonstrated.

Here I am right before we started painting. Looking back, this is probably where I should have stopped for the night.

This is about half-way through. Not looking much like a magnolia.

Here we are with our finished paintings.

I think I should probably give up on the canvas painting. It is certainly not my calling.
post signature

13 comments:

Casey said...

I think they turned out great! I love how they look!

Courtney said...

I think it looks good, so much better than what I could do!

Marianne said...

I think they are cool! I really love them both!

Ms. shirley said...

I think they are beautiful!!! Thrilled you two could spend some time together before they leave!!! You two are very special ladies...
Give Miss Priss a kiss and hug for me!!

Lauren said...

Glad you two got to go there together! Making more memories that'll one day be your "Flashback Fridays"! And I think the paintings look amazing.

Laura said...

I think the Mississippi Queens look great!

K Storm said...

Looks good! Much better than I could do!

Lynn said...

Oh they are soooo beautiful.

Amanda Negley said...

I think it looks great! Don't give it up! I don't think I'd be able to do it, though! Props! I loved the cross ya'll did last time too, it was just so neat!

Jennifer said...

Oh I love it! You are encouraging me to looking into taking a class like this. Thanks!!

Ann said...

You just keep painting if it makes you happy. I think it looks wonderful!

Found you through FFF on MBC!

Paige said...

I love it! I couldn't have painted that. Have a great weekend!

Vernie said...

Hi Malinda! I notice that you have books in Shelfari too. I have some of Kay Arthurs books and I am curious about this book that you have "ONE" what is it all about? Thanks!