Mar 2, 2010

Potty over here! Potty over there!

I have to confess, as of this post, I have only taken one photo of Sara Madalin all week. Actually, I didn't take it, her Daddy did. And she doesn't have a stitch of clothes on in it. So I really can't post it here on the blog.

Want to know why she was naked? Because our independent child has taken it upon herself to start potty training. Yes, it's true. She's more than ready to be a big girl and tee-tee on the potty. Only she hasn't quite figured out that you go to the potty BEFORE you tee-tee. And for some strange reason, she thinks she has to be completely nude when she sits on the potty. Oh, and she also has to be holding her toy cellphone. I honestly don't know where she gets this stuff. (Ahem.)

When I go on in to get her out of her crib in the mornings, she's saying, "Tee-tee" and trying with all her might to take her clothes off. Tonight, Reagan and I had stepped out of the room for just a minute. (I was folding clothes and I'm not sure what he was doing.) She was in the living room playing. He went back in there and called for me to come there. When I walked back in there, she had stripped down to nothing and was standing over her poopy diaper. Guess she was done with it and couldn't be bothered to wait for one of us to take it off her.

Yeah, potty training is definitely our main focus right now. Wish us luck!

post signature

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, you don't know how lucky you are!!! Take advantage of her interest.

K Storm said...

Best of luck!

blessedmomto8 said...

WOW! She sounds very interested. I have foundm y girls MUCH easier to train than my boys! Best of luck!