Mar 11, 2010

Primary Reader

We've been attending a "Discipling Preschoolers" class at church on Sunday nights. We have really enjoyed it. And we've gotten some great tips from not only our teacher, but other parents in the class. We've talked a lot about the importance of reading to children, and not just reading, but reading books that will build character and teach Godly principles and virtues. It's been so helpful. We've gotten several tips on books to read. Since I'm a HUGE reader, I ordered several that were mentioned in class.

I ordered a few books for me.

And a few for Sara Madalin.

I can't wait to read with her.

And teach her the timeless lessons of the Lord.

My prayer is that she grows in knowledge and character. After all, our goal is not only to watch her as she grows, but disciple her in the Lord as well.

post signature

7 comments:

Pippy said...

Hey!
I tried to send you an e-mail confirming that you were entered in the "Bunny Hop Swap" but it came back undeliverable. I guess I have the wrong address : (
If you want, you can just e-mail me at pippy08@ymail.com! That way I'll have the right one.
Thanks for participating!

K Storm said...

I think you are doing a great job!

parenting ad absurdum said...

Oh, I just want to reach into the computer and grab those books! I've always loved children's books, so my kids are just a great excuse to buy and read lots of them ;).

Peryl (MBC)

wacki04 said...

New follower from MBC, hope you can return the favor!

Just Me said...

I am new here today! Could your Sugar be any cuter?? I love that, I call my girls sweet sweet...=) What good books, where did you order them from? I am about to be a new follower!

Stacey said...

Was reading with the 6 year old tonight. So much fun! And yes, prayers are a great gift to give!

bigguysmama said...

Growing Kids God's Way is a great series for the parents and in turn for the kids! I love your site!

~Mimi following from FFF @ MBC
http://wovenbywords.blogspot.com