Apr 7, 2010

A Little Help, Please

We are having our downstairs main living area painted in the next couple weeks and I have to choose a color. I'm back and forth on two colors. I would really appreciate some feedback from my blogging friends. I painted a few small spots throughout the den and dining room area to see how the colors would look. The areas that are being painted are the den, dining room, kitchen and a couple of halls. If you would like to see pictures from those areas you can click here or here.

I plan to keep this cross in here. The colors I am going to use are greens, khakis, golds and then a pop of color like a red or orange in accessories. The color on the left is more of a gold. The color on the right is called Antique white.

Next to our fireplace. We are also going to paint that dark wood. I am either going to have it painted the white of the trim, or have a paint treatment to make it look a little shabby-chic. But I think either color will look good with either of these wall colors.

Just another shot.

Here's my couch that I found on Craig's list. BTW, I am ADDICTED to Craig's list. I check it two or three times a day. Anyway, khaki green couch. I have a couple brown throw pillows to add to it. The curtains behind it and through out this area will be brown or khaki/beige.

I'm also going to add a large rug and dark wood tables. And a few chairs. I haven't picked those out yet. Here is the dining table and chairs I've picked out. It's from the Paula Deen Home Collection.

So, please vote in the poll above and help me choose the color for these walls. I have to pick it up Friday. Thanks a bunch.

post signature

9 comments:

Casey said...

I love the gold color! We have a similar one in our house

Meghan said...

I voted for the gold color.I think the white might be just to much.I just love the way gold looks on the walls in the main living areas of a house. It gives it just enough color. Not like you need more choices but Lyndsie over at A love worth waiting for recently posted about the paint colors in her house and I think the gold almost looks similar to the one you have picked out. Here is the link to check them out....

http://danielandlyndsie.blogspot.com/2010/01/house-colors.html

By the way I love reading your blog. You and Sara Madalin remind me so much of my mom and I when I was younger. Its crazy. Anyway Good luck on your paint colors.

The Stairs Family said...

I vote the gold! Its really warm and will blend well with your color choices. The antique white is pretty, but also very "just moved in, havent painted walls yet" kind of look...if that makes sense. Maybe its just me...I like color! Oh, and I also LOVE craigslist...I check it often during the day!

A Wedding Story said...

I kind of like both!!! Good luck deciding!

Ashlee McCrary said...

Well, if you go with antique white, it'll probably make the rooms look bigger than what they are, BUT at the same time if there's a lot of wall, it could make the rooms look plain & bland-just speaking from the way our house looks with antique white walls everywhere & not 1 of them painted with color. So I vote the gold one. It'll make the rooms feel more warm & cozy, but then again I'm no professional! Just my opinion! hehe

Regina and David said...

I like the green! :-)

Until tomorrow, Jennifer said...

I like the green too....i bought a dining room set off craigslist...i love it. i am going to try for a living room set next. following from MBC babysittinmama.blogspot.com

Katie (and Tony) said...

I like the green too. I know, not a choice. The antique white is too light and not enough contrast from your beautiful molding. It doesn't set it off and make it pop! I ws going to choose the gold color, but once I saw your couch, they are too similar. They will blend together to much.Therefore, I chose to not choose ;-) I would go a completely different route. Look up Benjamin Moore's Standish White color. I love this color. In teh morning bright and in the evening, candle light. It is in the yellow family though.Perhaps this can bring in some gold tones? Just a thought from an under utilized designer ;-)I have WAY too much time on my hands...

Tina said...

So what color did you choose? I really like the gold one. I hope you like the way it turns out either way!!