Apr 10, 2010

A Recipe Where I Used a WHOLE Stick of Butter

Remember a few months ago when I ordered the Pioneer Woman's cookbook and I talked about how excited I was and couldn't wait to cook some of the recipes? No? Yeah, me either. But I did get it and I was excited. And I have this post to prove it. So, of course I have prepared innumerable meals from it for my dear family. . . In their dreams.

Anyway, I finally cooked one of the recipes this past week for dinner. It was one of the simpler recipes. I thought I'd start small. I chose to prepare the Marlboro Man Sandwich. For those who don't read the Pioneer Woman's blog, that's what she calls her cowboy husband, Marlboro Man.

So, I started preparing the ingredients. I sliced an onion and a bell pepper and melted 2 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan. Once the butter was melted, I put the veggies in the pan and sauteed them for a few minutes. Lesson #1, saute more bell peppers cause they were so good I couldn't stop eating them.

Then I added more butter to the pan and sliced up about a pound of round steak. I browned it on both sides in the pan of butter.

After it was brown, I added the veggies back in the pan along with some Worstershire sauce and a little hot sauce. Oh, and MORE BUTTER!

I cooked it a little longer while toasting our hoagie buns (with butter). When the buns were done, I loaded one down with meat and veggies. I cut half of the sandwich up in to really small pieces and gave it to my toughest critic.

She LOVED it. her Daddy and I enjoyed it too. So, I'm pretty sure this will become a favorite around our house.

post signature

5 comments:

Laura said...

My BFF gave me the cookbook for Christmas and I have made several things out of there, but I haven't made the sandwich yet. Good to know that it was delish. Maybe I'll make it soon if I could just get out of my "cake mode." More on that this week on my blog! Happy Sunday!!

Courtney said...

Those sound really good. Of course everything is better with a whole stick of butter. I think I am going to have to order this cookbook, everyone raves about it!

Baylee's Mommy said...

That looks yummy! I know what you mean about the bell peppers. We make fajitas normally once a week in this household and I have the same problem too. GOOD STUFF!

The Glenn Gang said...

That was the first recipe of hers that I made too. Except, NO bell peppers! WE HATE THEM...the smell, the taste, UGH!

Love the sandwich though!

Les said...

I have made so many of her recipes from her cookbook and we have loved every single one of them! I made her breakfast puffs yesterday morning and they were delicious! My husband has started asking me at dinner every night, "Is this a PW recipe?" :)