Jun 5, 2010

Cousins

Here are two of Sara Madalin's cousins - Elijah

... and Jeremiah.

They are sons of my sister, Brandi. They received a new baby sister this past week. Her name is Amandah.

She's pretty healthy, don't you think? She weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. and was 21 1/2 in. long. She has a head full of black hair and to me looks very much like my sister.

Don't you just love those rolls in her fat legs and her double chin?

Here's Elijah, Sara Madalin, and some of the rest of our family looking at her through the nursery window.

Sara Madalin was very concerned about what all the nurses were doing with "baby."

She would look at me and say, "Her ky-in'?" That means, "Is she crying?" And I would tell her, "No, she's not crying. She's yawning." Then she'd say, "Her night-night." To which I would reply, "Yes, she's sleeping. She's night-night."

I hope we can make some time to visit them again soon so that Sara Madalin and I can actually get our hands on her. My sister had a c-section and, while we waited for a couple hours, it would be a while longer before the baby was brought into my sister's room. And I had a 2-year-old that could take only so much of the confines of the waiting room. So, for everyone else's safety and sanity, she and I headed home after I visited my sister for a minute in her recovery room.

post signature

No comments: