Jun 20, 2010

Father's Day 2010

Sara Madalin got to share lots of love with her Papaws and her Daddy this weekend. First, we visited with my Daddy on Saturday. Sara Madalin took him a card and a framed picture of herself. He was so happy to see her. And she was pretty happy too.

Then, this afternoon, after a MUCH needed nap, we went to see Reagan's dad.

And of course, she always shares love with her Daddy. Here's a photo of them on our back porch before we left for church this morning.

Our Father's Day service at church was very emotional and moving. First, because each Father's Day since Sara Madalin was born, I'm so emotional over the fact that Reagan gets to stand with the other fathers as they are recognized in church. For so long I wanted him to be able to do that. I wanted him to be a father. He is a great father and Sara Madalin loves her daddy. And second, it was emotional and moving because of the challenging message that was shared about the love, dedication, and sacrifice God expects of fathers. I don't think there was a dry eye in the sanctuary when the service was over. I think it was probably the best message we've heard since we've been attending there.

We had a great weekend and there are more pictures from our visit to Reagan's parents' house this afternoon. I'll share those in a later post.

post signature

2 comments:

Casey said...

Oh my goodness, her smile is amazing!

Alysha said...

her little curly hairs just kill me! :)