Jun 27, 2010

Live, Laugh, Love - Tomato Festival 2010

So, it was that time again this past weekend. I'm talking about the annual Tomato Festival in the town where Reagan works. I made a post about the festival last year. You can click here to read more about its history and why we like to visit it each year.

We decided since Sara Madalin would get us up early anyway, we'd head out to the festival before it got too hot. Sara Madalin was very excited about going out to the festival. Here's a picture I took of her before we left the house.

She is so different from last year. I've said it so many times recently, but she is such a big girl now.

We saw lots of people we know, of course. Some I remembered to take pictures of, many I didn't. Here are some of our friends from a church a few miles from our house. They were handing out free cold water. And even though it was about 8:30 when we got there, we were already more than excited about some ice cold water.

Here's Mr. Dwight and his sno-cone stand. There was not a line at this time, but when we came back about an hour later, there was a line of about 10 people and it was growing the entire time we were there.

Have you seen these things before? They are plants that are supposed to catch bugs in the little "pitchers" hanging from the plant.

We've seen them at flea markets before. I wouldn't normally buy one of these. But since Reagan was with me, and he was fascinated by them, we did. I told him Saturday that he is a flea market salesperson's dream. He's just drawn in by the unique things they sell and the pitches they give. And that's unusual. Usually he's the one who checks everything out and doesn't make a purchase without extensive research. I'm the more gullible of the two of us. Yet, I have walked past these plants many times without a desire to purchase. He's with me ONE time, sees them, and we walk away with one.

Here's Sara Madalin's friend Shauna. Shauna spent the night with us about a year ago, with her friend Anna, and they tried everything they could to get Sara Madalin to walk. Sara Madalin had a ball with them. Now, every time she sees one of them, she loves on them like they are best friends.

Mr. Jimmy and Mrs. Kathy from our former church.

And here's my girl spending her Daddy's money.

Of course, it wouldn't be a summer day worth anything if there wasn't some running involved.


Remember those Toddler Rules I posted HERE? We're living those rules right now people. For example, "If it is a stroller, it must under no circumstances be ridden in without protest. It must be pushed by me instead."


She wouldn't even let one of us touch it to help her guide it. Every time we would try, she would push our hand away and say, "Bove." (Move)

Another booth for Reagan.


I have to admit, I gave the go-ahead to buy these. He was showing how you could use the peeler to make cream corn. And I had a lot of corn to put up Saturday afternoon. So, I guess what they say is true, timing IS everything.

We had to pet a few doggies. But only after I made it clear that we would NOT be buying or bringing a doggie home with us that day.

Just hanging out in the shade while we waited on Daddy to get us some lunch from the Cattlemen's Association. Mrs. Kim at the SnoBiz booth gave her a glove to play with. Which was great for me because it kept her entertained for a good 10 minutes.

And the reason the festival was started to begin with - the farmers and their produce sales.

Finally, in addition to the flea market vendors, the farmers, the food booths, and the southern gospel entertainment, you can always count on some very interesting people being in attendance.

We had a great time and look forward to attending again next year.

post signature

3 comments:

Claire @ Completely Claire said...

I'm a new follower and just love reading about your cutie! I have one year left before I begin teaching! I always enjoy reading your blog! Love, Claire

Laura said...

That first picture of SM is my new favorite! She looks like she's 5 years old!! And that shirt tied in the back with red sandals is just priceless!!

The Glenn Gang said...

MAN, I wish I had known you were there. I have bought those peelers several times there and need another! They are great!!