Jul 5, 2010

Canton Balloon Festival 2010

Here are a few (dozen) pictures from our time at the Canton Balloon Festival this past weekend. You can see my post from past years by clicking these links to 2008 and 2009.

Each year I've taken a picture of Sara Madalin in her stroller. She's grown so much since last year.

We brought a few sandwiches and had a little picnic before the balloons arrived.


And of course, our yearly picture of Sara Madalin and Jana.



She was loving Jana. When Reagan and I would try to get her from Jana, she would push our hands away and would NOT come to us. Jana loved it.

She had to take a few calls while we sitting around for the balloons.

And then the balloon crews started setting up.











It was about 8:00 when this photo was taken. Someone was ready for night-night.






Since Sara Madalin was getting tired and bored with the whole thing, we left around 8:30. I think she enjoyed it a lot, up until the point where it was her bedtime. She loves balloons and was so excited when they started being set up. Maybe next year she'll be able to make it long enough that we can see the fireworks display.

post signature

5 comments:

The Glenn Gang said...

What kind of picnic is that? A blanket? On the ground? A real picnic takes place in a stylin' minivan across from a NAPA store.

Courtney said...

What a fun event. I am sure Sara will enjoy this tradition every year and she will get a little later with her bedtimes.

Laura said...

OH!! I wish we had known about this!! Would have LOVED going to something like this!! We were in Jackson on Saturday, too!! Is that a 4th of July blanket??

Jana said...

Yes her Jana LOVED it! I was still smiling about it on Sunday! I am so glad she is getting to the age were she is able to enjoy things like that and remember me!

Ashlee McCrary said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I wish we had something like that here. Glad yall had a great 4th!