Jul 25, 2010

Coolest of the Cool - UPDATED with Flashback Photos!

A week or so ago, the class president from my Senior class sent me a message about some of us getting together to begin planning our 20th year high school reunion. I know that many who don't know me personally, but read our blog, are shocked to realize I graduated from high school 20 years ago. That's ok. I'm just as shocked as you are.

Anyway, she and I worked on getting the word out to the "masses" through Facebook. We had several responses from people who said they would love to attend the meeting, but couldn't because they no longer live in the area. Many people who graduated in my class have moved outside of our small town for employment and family reasons. But there were a few of us who are still near enough that we did manage to get together to, um, "plan". Oh, alright, we caught up as best we could on what everyone in our class is doing. "Where is so and so now?" "How many kids does she have?" At one point I said, "We are getting no planning done." Tracy said, "I know, but this part HAS to be done before we can move on to that." Ha. It was great to just sit around and talk. We managed to get a little planning done. But mostly we ate and talked. Here are a few of the girls that I spent my adolescent years with as we became the "Coolest of the Cool." (That's what our Senior t-shirt had written on it. I don't think any of the four of us voted for that motto, yet somehow it passed.)

Seated are Stephanie (you've seen her in one of my Easely Amused posts) and Brenda. Standing are me and our class president, Tracy.

I'm excited about planning our reunion and we all hope it will be well attended. It's almost too much to believe that 20 years have passed since we were preparing for our Senior year of high school. Yet, when we all sat down, it seemed like just last May that we had said goodbye. So, now it's time for me to get my yearbook down and get started contacting people, making reservations, and planning for our reunion next Spring. I can't wait!

UPDATED: Right after I posted this, a blog commenter suggested that I add pictures of us from our Senior year. So, here they are:

Me. What? That was THE hairstyle of 1991.


Tracy - Homecoming Queen and Miss MHS


Brenda - She was the beauty queen. This was her in her senior pageant at school with my cousin who was 3 years younger than us.


And Stephanie.

I'm probably going to be in a lot of trouble when they see this post.

post signature

5 comments:

Laura said...

You should have posted a pic of what you gals looked like 20 years ago!!

It hit me about 2 weeks ago that I will be "celebrating" my 20th high school reunion next year. However, I have NO plans of helping or attending this go around. Our 10 year reunion bombed and I remember leaving that night thinking what a disaster!

Have fun!

The Glenn Gang said...

Did I ever tell you that I didn't get invited to my 10 year reunion. This was pre facebook so no one really had a way to contact me. My friend told me after the reunion that of the 267 people I graduated with, my name was up on a board that said "MISSING FALCON!" Nice!

Laura said...

I SO miss those '90 hair styles and shoulder pads in prom dresses!

Avery's Mommy said...

Oh I can't wait for mine! I found my Jr. High yearbook and added all the classmates I could find to Facebook. Love the old school pics :)

Stephanie said...

Ok....I have no problem with my 1991 self being posted here but....you and Tracy could have at least told me & Brenda to act like we liked each other, what with you two looking so chummy! ;o) BTW, had a great time on Saturday night, we must do that more often!