Jul 23, 2010

Dinner with the Boys

Last weekend we got to meet some old friends for dinner. We met another of Reagan's college roommates and his family at a local pizza restaurant. We haven't seen them in probably 12 or 13 years. We have realized, we have a habit of letting entirely too much time pass between visits with old friends.

The reason we reconnected with them is quite funny. Of course, we reconnected at first on Facebook. But then, the reason we really have stayed connected and hear from them pretty much every day now is Words with Friends. Some of you know what I'm talking about. It's that crazy version of Scrabble that you can play with friends on your iPhone or iPad. Almost every night, around 11:30 or so I hear Reagan's phone ding. And I know. It's Tracey or Julie. I guess with 3 active boys, that's about the only time they have to play.

So, we met them for dinner. They have three sons. The oldest was with his grandparents, and we only saw the younger two. Sara Madalin had the best time with their youngest son, Grant. Let's just say, they have similar "personalities."

Here are Tracey and Julie with Drew and Grant. Aren't they so cute?

And here's our little family. Sara Madalin wouldn't smile because I had stopped her from chasing Grant long enough to take a picture.

After dinner, we went to Maggie Moo's for a little "i-cweam."

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Choc-ate... It sure was good.

We enjoyed seeing them so much. I told Julie that I don't know how she handles 3 boys. I would be a nervous wreck. But they didn't have anything on my Sugar. She followed those boys around like she was one of them. They climbed, she climbed. They ran, she ran. I hope she can get together with them soon for more fun. And I'm sure we'll hear from Julie and Tracey tonight around midnight when they play their next word against Reagan.

post signature

2 comments:

Laura said...

SM and Grant could almost pass as twins with that curly blonde hair! Did you notice it on that pic of them looking at all the ice cream? Priceless.

Have a great weekend!

K Storm said...

Glad you got to see them! That Grant is a character!