Jul 5, 2010

INDEPENDENCE Day

We began our 4th of July in a wonderful worship service at church. It was very moving and humbling to see active and inactive members of the military honored in our worship service. It was a very sweet time. And again, a moving reflection of the price paid by so many for the freedoms we enjoy here in our nation.

Then we went over to Aunt Sue-Sue's (Reagan's sister) for the afternoon where we all ate fried chicken and slept most of the afternoon away. After our collective nap, we all went out to the pool so Sara Madalin could enjoy some time kick-kicking. Only, she didn't want to kick-kick. She wanted to play...

And run...

And blow bubbles...

And lie around on the float like a princess.

After playing for awhile, Reagan and I got to spend a little adult time together on a date. We went to see a movie. Before Sara Madalin, we went to a movie pretty much every holiday. Actually, we went to the movies almost every weekend. How true it is when they say, "A baby changes everything." But, she's not even a baby anymore, as we're discovering every day. I was telling Susan how I've been thinking about the fact that we do want another child, another baby, but then Sara Madalin will do something and I think, "Do I REALLY want to start over again?" I do. But I still think about how much easier some things are getting with her. I can tell her to go get her red shoes, and she goes to get her red shoes. I can tell her to bring me a diaper, and she brings me a diaper. When she hurts, she can tell me and can tell me where she hurts. I can fix her a plate of food and she feeds herself. She is growing more and more INDEPENDENT. And while we do want more children, it is very nice to see her growing and becoming such a smart, independent little girl.

post signature

1 comment:

Paige said...

I am loving that bathing suit! Sounds like you had the perfect Sunday afternoon with your family. Have a great week!