Aug 29, 2010

Gym of Dreams

Saturday night we took SM to a birthday party at a gymnastics facility that is also used for birthday parties. The party was at 7:00 p.m., and I had my doubts that she would be able to make it through the party without a major breakdown. She usually goes to bed no later than 8:00 or 8:30. I was afraid that she would be tired before the party even got going. But she surprised me. I don't know if it was the energy of having so many other young children to run around and play with, or if it was the sugar from cake, ice cream and kool-aide. But she did great and had a blast. Here she is right before we sang Happy Birthday and ate cake.

By the way, she's been singing the birthday song all day. She is just now getting to the point where she can remember words to songs and she is singing all the time. It's so sweet. Her favorite songs are "Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee," "Deep and Wide," and "Jesus Loves Me."

Here's that sugar I mentioned.

Here's the group of children listening to the rules from one of the workers at the gym. There was a lot of rules. Even the adults couldn't remember them all. But everyone did really good and obeyed as best they could. That says a lot for this group. Ha.

She is such a big girl. And I'm so proud of her.

Jumping with Allie on the trampoline.

The ball pit - it was her favorite place.

All I could think about was how dirty and unsanitary it was in there, cause no matter how clean things appear, those places are always dirty and unsanitary. (I'm a little over-protective, in some cases.) And it didn't help that every few minutes she would pull something out of the pit that she found buried under the balls. She handed me a hairbow and a paper towel out of there. I just kept praying that God would protect her and not let her catch some disease. She stayed in this area longer than any of the other places to play. She didn't want to get out. And I didn't want to get in to get her out.



Toward the end, I started throwing balls at her. I accidently hit her in the head with one of them. It is a very light ball and I didn't throw it hard, so it didn't really hurt her. Well, when she woke up the next morning and came into my bathroom, I picked her up, kissed her and said, "Mommy loves you." She said, "Mommy... hit me head... with ball." I hope she doesn't go to school telling that story.

She had a great time and we were so happy to see so many people at the party that we don't see very often. She was worn out by the time we left. I thanked the birthday girl's mommy for that. And I think she enjoyed the gymnastics play as well. I'm hoping that she can start a gymnastics class some time in the next year. I really think she would like it. And I'm always looking for something that will burn all the energy she has.

post signature

3 comments:

Casey said...

What a fun party! I love her outfit, she is too cute! I have to be honest and say I don't like ball pits either. I am always scared at what my kids are getting into. Ball pits freak me out and I go way OCD

Regina and David said...

cute outfit!!

Melanie said...

What gym was it?