Aug 20, 2010

"Mommy, I paint."

Thursday was a pretty slow news day around the Brown house. I did a few things around the house in the a.m., then headed out to my aerobics class. It took me awhile to get there because I CAN BARELY WALK. Ya'll! I worked out Tuesday for the first time in about 3 years and quickly discovered I am so out of shape. After all the lunges and crunches from Tuesday, by Thursday, I could hardly walk because my abs and legs were killing me. But I pushed through. And I enjoyed class on Thursday. And what is so great about working out with this group is that we have a Bible verse and prayer every time we work out. It's very encouraging and uplifting.

While I was in class, my friend Jana texted me and asked if I'd like to meet her for lunch. I agreed and we had a great meal and visit. I meant to take a photo of us together, but this is all I managed to get a pic of.

That was hanging above my head in the restaurant. I have to say, she picked the eating establishment, not me.

After lunch, I did a little shopping at a consignment store that I love in the area. I got some cute stuff for Fall and Winter for Sara Madalin. Then I picked her up from daycare and we headed home. I spent the afternoon cleaning out her closet and dresser drawers. She kept telling me, "Mommy, I paint." So, I told her if she would give me just a few minutes to finish in her room, I would get her paint out and let her paint. Here are a few pictures of my crazy-haired little artist creating a unique masterpiece.



She had a great time and I gave her a nice warm bath afterwards. Then it was time for dinner, a little TV with Daddy, two books, and night-night. The girl loves her routine. Don't know where she gets that.

post signature

2 comments:

blessedmomto8 said...

WE LOVE to paint here! WISH we had a good consignment store but no such luck IN THE STICKS!

Avery's Mommy said...

LOL @ the restaurant. Only in the South, huh!

I have been meaning to get some finger paints for Avery. A little scared of the mess, but it's time to bite the bullet!