Aug 19, 2010

A nap... that's all I'm asking for..




The photos above have nothing to do with what I'm writing about today. But if I don't post a picture of Sara Madalin every day, Aunt Sue, Mamaw, and SM's Nana might come after me.

When I woke up Wednesday morning, the first thought - the VERY first thought - that came to my mind was, "Is there any chance I can fit a nap in at some point today?" Friends, when your alarm clock goes off and you immediately start thinking about a nap, you are TIRED.

It's always like this the first couple weeks after school starts. We are adjusting to our schedule and trying to catch up on the rest we're losing. And by "we," I mean ME.

In addition to my teaching schedule, I'm also taking a night class. And I've joined the gym again, so I'm going to a class there 3 times a week. I'm also starting to attend a ladies' Bible study this week. Oh, and Sara Madalin is still going to swim lessons one afternoon a week. We're homeschooling two afternoons a week. And there's church. And my family, for some reason, they demand to be fed every day. Sometimes as much as three times a day. So, before 7:00 a.m. every day, I prepare at least two breakfasts (SM & Me), two lunches (Reagan and Me), and think about what I'm either going to pick up or cook for dinner. Oh, and did I mention I'm cutting back on my Diet Coke intake? (It's for my "health.") So, all that thinking is WITHOUT the first drop of caffeine. All that food preparation means, at some point during the week, I need to squeeze in a visit to the grocery store (where I don't buy any Diet Coke). When they aren't asking for food, they want clean clothes. Clothes that are not only clean, but also wrinkle-free. And since neither of them is very strong in the color matching area, I also have to fold/hang/set out their clothes in matching sets, so they don't go to work or school looking like they dressed in the dark.

So, I guess you could say our schedules are a little more full this time of the year. It's not that I'm complaining. I love all of the activity and cooking and cleaning and, yes, even work. But, I could sure use a nap.

Did I mention that already?

post signature

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Ohh what would husbands/children do without a wife/mother? Yes I would say you do need a nap! That made me tired just reading about it. I hope you can fit one in at some point.

Avery's Mommy said...

I feel your pain. Except I plan the breakfast/lunch/supper/clothes the night ahead. And I didn't join a gym, BUT I SHOULD! Hang in there and schedule a NAP! I'm sure your students would take you up on it!