Sep 13, 2010

Bye-Bye Mommy

I love to have people over to our house for dinner or fellowship. I've always enjoyed planning and preparing for get-togethers. I'm not a "Martha Stewart" by any means, but I do enjoy entertaining. Since we've moved farther out in the country, we've really not entertained much this past year. Well, the move, and the fact that we both work full-time, chase a 2-year-old and I'm also working on my master's degree. I guess you could say that we stay pretty active without the added commitment of in-home entertaining. But this past weekend we had a last minute get-together with a precious couple, Nickey and Jackie. They came over to eat with us and to watch the Ole Miss-Tulane football game. We had a great time just fellowshipping and catching up with them.

Reagan cooked hamburgers for us. And, of course we had the staples for any football get-togethers - chips and rotel dip. Jackie brought a wonderful desert. It was ice cream sandwiches topped with whipped cream, caramel and chopped nuts. I meant to take a picture of it, but forgot. It was so good.

Before we ate, Sara Madalin spent some time entertaining and playing with Jackie. She loved having Jackie there. She took Jackie into her room and they played for a while.

I think Sara Madalin thought that because Jackie came over to play with her, that Reagan and I were about to leave. Usually, when another adult comes to play with her, that's what we do. I go to class when Holly comes over from next door. We go on a date when one of the other sitters comes over. So, Saturday night, when I'd go into her room while she was playing with Jackie, Sara Madalin would look at me and say, "Bye-bye Mommy." Jackie thought it was so funny that SM was trying to get rid of me.

She told me she was cooking "pezza" for her and Jackie.

Jackie and I had the bright idea that I would video her and capture her trying to get me to leave. But wouldn't you know it, when you're trying to get your kid to do something, they everything but that. She never would say, "Bye-bye Mommy" while I was videoing her. But here's some cute video of her enjoying her time with Nickey and Jackie. I hope we get to see them again soon.



post signature

1 comment:

K Storm said...

She wanted Jackie all to herself...it is always fun to have company.