Sep 6, 2010

No More Diapers

No big news to report about our Labor Day. We relaxed around the house for the majority of the morning. Sara Madalin woke us up at our regular time, around 6:30 or so. I got up with her and we went into the living room. She played and watched TV for a while. Then she said to me, "Mommy, I go potty." I said, "Ok."

With all the potty training attempts we've had, she's never started telling me when she has to go. I always ask if she has to go. So, I told her to go to her bathroom, pull her diaper off and go potty. She did all that and also closed the door. Seems our girl has some privacy issues when it comes to potty time. I gave her a minute, then I went in there to check on her. Ya'll! My girl had gone #2 in the potty. (And before anyone asks, no, I did not take a picture of that.) But I did tell her, "No more diapers. You're a big girl. You can wear panties now." And she has worn them all day. She's had a few accidents. And each time she does, she has to clean it up, pull her own wet clothes off and go get a new pair of panties. I'm hoping by the end of the month, we'll have a fully potty trained child. (Except at night. I'm letting her wear pull-ups to bed.) We'll see how things go. I'm sending panties and pull-ups to school tomorrow. Along with several changes of clothes.

Around lunch time, we headed over to Sue-Sue's for a little lunch and time in the pool. Sara Madalin spent most of her time running around and trying to blow bubbles.

She only had about a 40 minute nap. She was worn out by the end of the day. It was all we could do to keep her up until 8:00. Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday. Our's was very peaceful and relaxing.

post signature

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yeah for SM! That is awesome. I cannot wait for the day that we can kiss diapers good bye!