Sep 15, 2010

What I'm Loving Wednesday - Fall Crafting

I've been doing a little decorating for Fall these past couple weeks. I've also been looking at other blogs and sites for ideas. Some of the things I've seen have been a little beyond my level of "craftiness." But I did find a few things I thought I could create to bring some Fall color to our house. My first project was this wreath that I placed on the front door.

I found the example and directions on a great new blog I've started reading. She posts all sorts of craft and decorating ideas. I've seen several things I want to try and do later for the house.

I changed my wreath up just a little. For one thing, I used a letter instead of the numbers that she used, to complete the wreath.

Also, I used slightly more glitter than she did. You can't tell it from this photo, but it's very sparkly.

I also used more than ribbon to create the wreath. I added some Christmas ornaments that I had bought on sale at the end of last season. Again, I like the sparkle.

Finally, I wrapped it all up with a little ribbon and placed it on our front door.

It's not perfect, but I like it.

I have a few more projects that I've braved. I'll post about some of them, and the rest of my Fall decorations, over the next few weeks.

post signature

1 comment:

Meet the Robinsons said...

I love the wreath I will have to go check out the directions to that. My front door seems awfully bare!!