Sep 29, 2010

What I'm Loving Wednesday - Home

This is the sight that greeted me when I arrived home Monday night.

Isn't that welcoming? It was for me. When I pulled down our otherwise dark dirt road and saw the lights of our home, I felt such a peace and a calm.

We live a pretty active life. Between work, my classes, Sara Madalin's classes, church, and social events, we stay on the go. So when we're home, we just relax. Here's a picture of Reagan and Sara Madalin enjoying their favorite activity together in the evening right before we put her to bed. They love to watch a little TV together on the sofa.

She cuddles up with him and loves on him after he's had a long day at work. It's his favorite time of every day. This past Monday night she was so tired that she fell asleep on his chest while they watched TV on the couch.

I love our home. Not just the physical location or structure, although I'm thankful to be blessed with such a beautiful house. But the home I'm speaking of is where these two are. I'm thankful for the home that we have together. I'm thankful for the peace we have here. Yes, we have stressful times. No, our life isn't perfect. But at the end of the day, we all want to be home, together. I love my home.


post signature

4 comments:

Casey said...

How sweet! I love it!

I haven;t been around in a while but i have to say your new look is soooo cute!

Amanda said...

I love your new look! And I read the last few posts, and am just so touched, you really do have a sweet family!

Courtney said...

There's no place like home. What a beautiful site to pull up to.

Ashlee McCrary said...

I love the new blog look! I've gotta say, it's tiny in the pic but I LOVE your Fall wreath on the door. I've always wanted a thick Autumn wreath for my front door.