Oct 28, 2010

A Free Day

For the first time all month, I kind of had a free day today. (Although, my husband andhis wallet would disagree with that statement.)

We have been on the go all month and have had quite a few commitments that have kept us pretty busy. The little time I've been at home I've been working on things for classes, trying to keep Sara Madalin from jumping off the back of the couch, or cleaning house. Although, again, one might argue that last statement after I show you the current state of my laundry room.

I just close the door and pretend that pile of laundry is not there. Denial works well for me.

So, anyway, while I was "researching" and "working" online earlier this week, I just happened to see (on Facebook, ahem) that there was going to be a Kidz Kloset sale in Hattiesburg Wednesday and Thursday. I wasn't that familiar with them, but they were advertising a huge sale of children's clothing. At first, I thought it was a consignment sale, but after looking closer I saw that it was new clothes at reduced prices. They had many name brands, including Bailey Boys, Kelly's Kids, and Belles and Beaus. They also had shoes and a selection of Melissa and Doug educational toys.

I discussed the possibility of me traveling to the sale with my accountant, also known as my husband. He said he didn't mind if I went. So, I loaded up this morning and headed out like a woman on a mission. I have to say, it was worth the trip down and back. I picked up several age-appropriate, educational toys for Sara Madalin.

And I also found several outfits for her. Since cooler weather is near, I wanted to get her some outfits with pants. I loved this first outfit.

I thought this was a cute Fall outfit. I think it would also be used in the Spring, if she doesn't outgrow it first.

This was my favorite outfit. It came with a matching bow but I forgot to include it in the picture.

And finally, because I couldn't pass up ALL the smocked beauty, I got her this cute dress with monkeys on it.

I also picked her up a pair of sandals (for $11!!!) and a pair of dress shoes.

On my way back home, I stopped in Simpson county to see my daddy for a little while. I caught him and one of his buddies sitting around solving all the worlds problems. He was happy and surprised to see me.

It was a nice peaceful drive down and back. I wouldn't mind doing that more often. I saw several little shops and "antique" warehouses that I might stop at next time I make the trip. Oh, and in case you didn't know, it's obviously sweet potato season. I saw no less than 6 trucks pulled over on the side of the road loaded with sweet potatoes. I almost stopped at one, just to get a picture. But then I reminded myself, we don't really like sweet potatoes.

So, that was my free day. Now, back to reality... and the laundry.

post signature

2 comments:

Carrie said...

What a fun day! And girl, you got some great stuff. I wish I lived close to this sale!!

Casey said...

Ohhh my goodness, you got some cute things