Oct 22, 2010

Wet Socks


Yeah, she's pretty cute, huh? Don't be fooled.

I picked her up from school Thursday and asked her afternoon teacher if she napped. She looked at me and said, "I'm not sure, but um..."

And let me just say, when a conversation about my child begins that way, it's never good.

She continued to tell me that Sara Madalin had bitten three times that day. Then, she said, none of the children in Sara Madalin's class were able to wear their socks this afternoon. Why? Because Sara Madalin had taken everyone's socks after nap time, put them in the sink, then turned the water on and wet them all. (How she got everyone's socks, put them in the sink and wet them before anyone noticed... I'm not sure.) Then, to end the afternoon, SM decided to eat a few rocks on the playground. At least, she ate the ones she didn't throw at someone else. So, she got a free ticket to the director's office where she was told not to put things in her mouth while on the playground.

I asked her about all of that on the ride to swim lessons. Every time I would ask, she wouldn't answer me. Once, she did say, "I need and-aid (band-aid) Mommy." What that had to do with her wetting everyone's socks and eating rocks, I've yet to figure out.

She did well at swim lessons, and was even pretty good for the rest of the evening. We had a talk with her about her activity at school today and told her not to do those things. I'm hoping she will do better tomorrow.

All I can say is, it's a good thing she's so cute and gives such sweet kisses.

post signature

3 comments:

K Storm said...

We ALL have our "off days" - even the cute people.

sara said...

Oh, that is funny! She is really cute. And, like you said, how was it possible to get all the socks before someone noticed? One thing is for sure, there is never a dull moment with a toddler! I am a new follower. www.8aplenty.blogspot.com

caryn said...

Love your blog but this may be my first comment, I laughed out loud when I read about the sock, sooo funny!