Oct 27, 2010

What I'm Loving Wednesday - Honeycrisp Apples

A few weeks ago my aerobics instructor brought a tray of apples to class for all of us to snack on. At first I thought, "I'm really not that interested in apples today." But then everyone kept talking about how great they tasted, so I tried a slice. Ya'll! It was the best tasting apple I've ever put in my mouth.

The whole class wanted more. Our instructor informed us that they were a special variety of apple called Honeycrisp. I started looking for them at Kroger, but couldn't find them. I looked at several different locations.

And then... this past weekend we stopped by Fresh Market. There they were. They are HUGE and a little more expensive than the apples I've bought at Kroger. But they are so worth it. They are so sweet and juicy. And every bite is crunchy. I can only eat about a quarter of one at a time, so I've been eating them all week. I told Reagan we'd have to make another trip up that way soon for more. They are THAT good.


post signature

7 comments:

K Storm said...

I was looking for them at Kroger and couldn't find them. I'll have to go to Fresh Market too. You are not the first person I have heard that fell in love with them.

Charla (SHar-la) said...

We get Honeycrisp at our United and I LOVE them! That's all I buy now!

Laura said...

You know what they say...."An apple a day...." Anyhoo! I discovered those little gems last year from my secretary and was hooked.

Lisa said...

If you ever see the Pink Lady variety, try them, they are really good too, but hard to find.

Courtney said...

I love Honey Crisp, they are totally worth the extra money.

Ashlee McCrary said...

Oohhh! I'll have to try & find some!

Hanna said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower! I found you on the Fence! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

take a peek at my giveaways if you come by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous!