Nov 18, 2010

S-A-R...

Last Friday night, as we were watching Dora, Sara Madalin decided she would just spell her name for us. Out of the blue. Well, not really out of the blue. We've both been trying to teach her to spell it. It's just that at this particular moment she did it without having to be prompted. So, I ran and got my camera so I could catch it on video (of course). I wasn't quite quick enough. At the beginning of this video she actually spelled her name correctly, but I only caught the last three letters. Every time after that, she spelled it wrong. But what she lacks in consistency, she makes up for in volume. I think instead of teaching her to spell S-A-R-A, we should be teaching her to spell S-A-S-S-Y, because that is so what she is.


post signature

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I just love her little southern accent!!! And her little attitude pose in the beginning, she is getting SO big!! <3

Jennifer said...

She is just the sweetest girl....and that southern accent is precious!!!!

Penny said...

She is too cute and so smart! I have kindergarten students that can't all spell their name orally. But most of them are way longer than four letters. lol

Penny said...

She is too cute and so smart! I have kindergarten students that can't all spell their name orally. But most of them are way longer than four letters. lol