Dec 23, 2010

Christmas Week - Part 1

We have had a fun week. Monday was pretty quiet. I think we needed it to recover from our weekend. When I picked Sara Madalin up from daycare, she said, "Where we goin'?" I said, "Home. We are going to stay at home tonight." And we did. And it was good.

Tuesday night was our Sunday school Christmas party. It was scheduled to start at 6:30. We left our house at 6:30, which means we were a tad late. But we weren't the only ones. And it was such a fun time that it didn't really matter. We had a great dinner and fun fellowship. Here are just a few pictures I took after we all finished dinner. This is Trina (the wife of our Sunday school teacher) and Becki. Trina was so funny giving me advice on raising girls. She has three daughters and lots of stories to tell.

All the guys watched the game in the den. Here's Reagan and Rance, our Sunday school teacher.

Janice, Cathy, and Jill. Jill is a Disney Fan-A-Tic! She and some of the other girls are going to Disney in February to run a half-marathon. They are all very excited and it sounds like a fun trip.

Here's Chyna posing with one of the desserts. She's hilarious. She and her husband hosted the party in their home.

Wednesday night was an awesome time of worship at church. A group, Voices of Mobile, came and sang. We've heard them once before and when it was announced that they would be there Wednesday night, I was so excited. They are amazing. Reagan couldn't be there because he had to work. Several times during the concert I texted him to tell him how great it was and that I really wished he was there.

Thursday, I cleaned house a little, then Sara Madalin and I went to Canton to spend a little time with Aunt Jana. She leaves Friday morning and will be gone for a week.

We took Sara Madalin around the Square and Jana carried her on all the rides.






Those two girls had a great time together. I'm glad we got to see her a while before the holidays.

We have a couple more get-togethers on Friday, then it's a weekend at home. We are looking forward to enjoying time together and hope all our friends and family who read our blog have a Merry Christmas as well.

post signature

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm loving all of these Christmas parties!!!! Looks like y'all have had a fun week so far;)

Their Mommy His Wife said...

Merry Christmas to your family!

My 2 1/2 yr old little girl loves "wooking" at SM's pictures riding the "Neigh Neigh" and her pretty "heh-bows".

I Love Voices of Mobile! A friend's daughter and son in law were in the group until this past spring when they graduated. They came to our church in a few times and it was truly awesome. We moved out of state now and I don't think they ever come to WV, lol.

Paige said...

Canton looks like a quaint little town! Hope you, Reagan and Sara Madalin have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I have loved watching her grow this year and look forward to more SM adventures in 2011. You are truly blessed!