Feb 7, 2011

I Totally Blame Christina Aguilera

Last year we got together to watch the Super Bowl with our friends Jana, Martha, and Dewayne. We talked all year about doing it again this year. And I think we all needed a night of fellowship with old friends. So, everyone came over to our house and Reagan fixed steaks and baked potatoes. But, for some reason, the the ballgame just wasn't as exciting as last year. I don't know whether to blame it on the teams playing or on the horrible performances of Christiana Aguilera and the Black Eyed Peas. Oh. My. Word. Y'all.

But the fellowship and food were both good. We were all full and tired by the 3rd quarter, proof that none of us are as young as we'd like to think. Jana left first. And she's the youngest of all of us. But she had the farthest to drive home. Before she left we took a few quick photos to remember the evening. We were all fading fast.

And one with the boys.

What the Super Bowl was lacking in entertainment value, the commercials, and our daughter, certainly made up for. We enjoyed having our friends over and look forward to doing it again next year. And who knows, maybe they can find someone who actually knows the lyrics to our national anthem.

post signature

2 comments:

Laura said...

We had a SB party at our house and I was too busy running around like a chicken with my head cut off making sure everyone had enough food to pay any attention to the game or commercials. I didn't even hear about Christina's fine rendition until I got to work this morning. Guess I'll have to watch it on You Tube to find out what I missed.

Carrie said...

That hair!!! Oh my word, your baby girl has the prettiest curly hair I have ever seen. I just love it! And I am 100 percent with you on the awful Super Bowl halftime show. Seriously, it was sooo bad!