Mar 26, 2011

Getting My Craft On: Camera Strap Cover

I have seen these camera strap covers used by some of my friends, as well as ALL over the Internet. I've looked on etsy and found several I liked. But I never have purchased one. Then, one day this past week I was reading one of my craft blogs and found a tutorial for making a strap cover. So, Friday night, after my daughter was fast asleep, I whipped one up.


I made a very basic version. I didn't use the fleece backing on this strap cover, but probably should have. The fabric I used was a cotton print I had purchased to make a pillowcase dress for SM. It's a pretty thin fabric. (Oh, and the red ruffles were for my girl. "Red is my favorite color, Mommy.") But I think it's fine without the backing. Here it is once I slipped it on the strap.

It only took me about an hour to make the strap. So, I plan to make a few more. Oh, and I didn't attach the pocket on the back to hold the lens cap, but might on one of my future covers.

So, to recap - I saw a cute accessory, wanted one, found a tutorial, and made one myself. And it was good.

Featured At Serenity Now

4 comments:

HettyA said...

ah that's a great idea. I really need a sewing machine cause I think that would be fun. Very cute patterns :)

The Glenn Gang said...

I made the bed this morning...does that count?

Man, since when did you get all crafty and stuff. I'm afraid we can't be friends anymore. I need friends who know less than me about everything, okay?

Or, friends who make all that stuff FOR me...either way, I'm good!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Malinda! Your camera strap is so pretty. :) I love anything with ruffles and the fabric is lovely. I clicked over to read your adoption story--so touching. I haven't been through that myself, but it was so neat to read. I live in Virginia and we have a Bethany Christian Services locally! :)

Thank you so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Have fun finding a new blog friend or two, and I hope you'll visit me at Serenity Now again soon! :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Wanted to stop back in and let you know I featured this post this afternoon. :)