Mar 13, 2011

Her Birthday Party Days May be Numbered

Saturday afternoon we went to a birthday party for the daughter of one of my friends. It was a skating party. I wasn't sure how Sara Madalin would like it, but I thought we would give it a try. It was held right in the middle of her nap time, but I thought she would be ok, and if she got fussy we could leave. So, we loaded up and went to par-tay!

Here's SM carrying Lexi's gift into the roller rink.

Here I am with my friend Summer, Lexi's mom. She is expecting in about 3-4 weeks. She looks absolutely amazing.

This was the birthday girl. I tried to get several photos of her, but she was moving A LOT.

SM and her Daddy enjoying their hot dog, cake, and ice cream. I am so thankful that he goes with me to things like this. It takes both of us to handle this VERY strong-willed, aggressive little girl.

I didn't eat any of this cake, but I sure did enjoy smelling it. She had a Strawberry Shortcake themed party.

I caught this face right before she started to blow out the candle. I think she had cut her eyes up to her mom as if to say, "Let's get this thing going, Mom."

My girl enjoying some birthday cake and ice cream.

So, not only were we chancing things by going to the party right in the middle of her much needed nap time, we were also pumping her full of sugar. That is not a good combination as we later found out.

I don't have a clue who this little boy was. But he saw me snapping pictures and wanted his taken as well.

These are SM's skates. My "baby" in size 8 skates.

And this is about as close as she got to skating.

I think she may have stepped out on to the rink with Reagan, but she didn't like skating. She wanted him to hold her and skate around with her. And he did a little. But after all the sugar from the cake and ice cream, it didn't take her long to start fading. Just a few minutes after this last photo, we took off her skates. While Reagan was removing his, I looked over and she had walked over to a little girl we don't even know, and bit her. I didn't see what happened before the bite, so I don't know if there was any provocation. All I saw was my child with her mouth attached to a poor girl's arm. I spanked her, made her apologize and we left. I told her that if she couldn't be nice to people, her birthday party days were numbered.

post signature

1 comment:

Ashley said...

How fun! I cant wait to take Hannah roller skating for the first time ;)