Mar 10, 2011

Letter from a Birthmother

I wanted to share a link to a blog I've read now for several months. It's a blog site of a young couple that is hoping to adopt. They have already been through so much. Rather than try and tell you their story here, I'd love for you to read it yourself.

Lyndsie, blog writer, is hosting a series of guest blogs right now from adoptive couples. She's asked me to share our story and you'll probably see it there in the next several weeks. But today she has posted a letter from a birthmother written to herself. Here is a quote:

"Adoption is not for the weak at heart. Adoption is best done by those who love Christ and believe that we are all children of God, adopted into His family by His grace. Adoption doesn't work well with those who are possessive and want a child to be their own."

Click HERE for the link to the blog post. I thought it was very touching and very real. If you have a few minutes, you might want to read it.

post signature

1 comment:

HettyA said...

I love reading the letter my birth mother wrote to me. It lets me know that with faith and love we will all be together and get through this life full of challenges and obstacles.