Apr 17, 2011

"And it was NOT funny!"

When I picked SM up from daycare Friday afternoon, she had on a different outfit than what I sent her in that morning. She was wearing her back-up outfit from her bag. When we got settled in the car, I asked her, "Did you have an accident today?" She quickly informed me that she had, "T-t'd like an elephant." Even thought I was driving, I had to turn and look at her and say, "What did you say?" She repeated it for me. Then she said, "And it was NOT funny." I'm guessing her teacher had told her that when she had the accident.

I brought her home, she had a bath and got ready to go to church for date night. (For us, not her.) I took a few pictures of her on the back porch while we waited for Reagan to get home.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You'd never know by the sunshine in these pictures, but a terrible storm with several tornadoes came through our area earlier Friday. There was a great deal of damage in surrounding areas. This has been a really bad tornado season for our area. Hopefully, it will soon end.

Reagan came home while we were outside. SM was pretty happy to see him.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'd say she loves her daddy.

We headed to the church to drop her off so we could have a date night. When she and I walked in the door, she ran to the preschool director's arms and barely even stopped to say good-bye to me. We went to eat and spend some much needed mommy-daddy time... at Lowe's. Isn't that sad? We finally get a date night and we head to a home improvement store. But we needed to try and get a few things and it is the most difficult thing to do with a 3 year-old.

When we were done with our "date" we went to pick her up. As I walked into the preschool door, another mom and her daughter were leaving. Her daughter and SM play together at church and will attend school together next year. She told me, "You need to go to the playroom. They're singing. Sara Madalin and Audrey were having a sing-off." So, I ran back there to see if they were still singing. SM was sitting in the preschool director's lap. The director was holding the microphone to SM's mouth and my baby sang "Jesus Loves Me" into the microphone like she was born to do it. It brought tears to my eyes. I had to ask her if she was going with me or staying. I think she wanted to stay. I just hate I didn't take my phone in with me to video her. She was so cute.

It blesses Reagan and I so much to see how much she loves the preschool workers at our church. They took pictures of the kids throughout the night and it was clear that Sara Madalin enjoys spending time with the other children in the preschool department.

Now, if she could just develop a little self-confidence, I think she would be fine.

post signature

No comments: