Apr 5, 2011

Chocolate Milk

On Tuesday evenings I've been taking Sara Madalin to stay with my friends Martha and Dewayne (we call them Granny and Gramps) from the time I go to class and the time Reagan gets off work. Sara Madalin spends a couple hours with them playing with their grandsons. They live about 30 minutes from us, so it's a bit of a drive, but because of the time I have to leave in order to get to my class, I've been unable to find a sitter nearby who gets off work from a "real" job in time to entertain my Sugar for an hour or so. Anyway, she goes to see Granny and Gramps on Tuesday evenings.

Normally, Reagan drives over to pick her up after he gets off work. Last week, Granny and Gramps decided to take SM to meet him at McDonald's about half-way between our house and theirs. They said they could feed her and let her play until Reagan met them there. When Reagan got there to pick her up last Tuesday, this is how he found her...

Photobucket

She's sitting there sipping on her very own jug of CHOCOLATE milk.

We've never given her chocolate milk. Ever. For reasons that are obvious to anyone who's been around this little ball of energy for more than 5 minutes.

So, how did she get it? Gramps asked her what she wanted to drink and she told him what she wanted to drink. She neglected to mention that she's not allowed to have chocolate milk. She was just answering their question. Stinker.

I am so grateful and thankful for Granny and Gramps and how they have helped us with her so often. I don't know what I would do without them at times. So, I guess a little chocolate milk splurge every now and then can be overlooked.

post signature

No comments: