Apr 11, 2011

I still pwayin' Mommy

Saturday afternoon, before we left for dinner with Susan and David, we went out to Susan's backyard to sit around the pool. The weather was nice and we thought we'd let Sara Madalin play while we sat around and visited before dinner. I still had my camera from photographing her in her Easter dress earlier, and I'm glad I did. You'll see why in a few minutes.

This was just a quick picture of Susan talking to Sara Madalin about something. She was probably telling her that when she comes back next time, it will be warm enough to swim in the pool. We soon found out, our girl thought it was more than warm enough now.
Photobucket

She started off by just sitting on the side of the pool with her feet dangling in the water.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I've come to know this look well.
Photobucket

She thinks we can't see her if she's not looking directly at us or at what she's doing to try and be sneaky. Reagan had set something on the ottoman one evening. SM walked over to it and put her hand on it. Reagan told her no, she couldn't have that. So, she cut her eyes away from him and from the object. But she ever so slowly moved her hand back toward it. Through a smile he said, "You may not be looking at me, but I can still see you." This girl is going to keep us on our toes.

So, she started splashing on the first step of the pool. I quickly realized that if I didn't take her outfit off her, it would be soaked before dinner.
Photobucket

So, we stripped her down to her pull-up. She tried to take it off too and told me, "I go swimmin'." I convinced her to keep the pull-up on and that we'd swim next time. She would have jumped off the edge of the pool into the water had I said, "Ok, go for it." Instead, she continued to play on the first couple steps.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Scoobie came over for a sip of water. SM thought she'd get a drink too.
Photobucket

Then, right before we needed to get her re-dressed for dinner, she decided she'd wet her hair. She throws a fit when I try to wash her hair in the bathtub. Yet, she soaked her hair in the pool. One thing about it though, when it's wet, you can tell how long it is. Usually those curls are so tight you'd think we keep it cut short.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I kept telling her, "Come on. It's time to go eat dinner. Let's get out of the pool and dry off. Let's go." And every petition was met with, "I still pwayin' Mommy." I have a strong feeling that many of my summer days will be spent at Sue-Sue's pool so Sara Madalin can "pway."

post signature

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Too sweet, at least she started out trying to keep her clothes dry ;)