May 23, 2011

Come One, Come All

Saturday morning was Sara Madalin's 3rd birthday party. We thought it was going to be rained out, but the day turned out to be sunny and beautiful. I told Reagan it was as perfect as I could have asked for. The whole day was pretty much the best birthday party so far. I have tons of pictures. Maybe a few people would like to see them, so, here goes.

First is a picture of Sara Madalin and her baby cousin, Amandah. They were looking outside at the guys setting up the jump house. Let me just say, they both were a TON of "help" during decorating and set-up. And by help, I mean they carried off more balloons than I was able to blow up.
Photobucket

SM and her birthday cake. She LOVED it.
Photobucket

Sunday morning, Reagan asked her what her favorite part of the party was. Her answer, "Um, cake." We've decided for next year, we're not planning a party, we're only buying cake. And I have to day, the cake was pretty tasty.

Here are some of the decorations. Balloons and signs on our road welcoming guests.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are some "concessions" from the party. We had cotton candy, popcorn, suckers, cookies, and later cake and corndogs.
Photobucket

I knew that the kids' hands would be dirty from playing and touching the animals. So, I bought tubs of wipes and used some of my colored and patterned paper to decorate them. My friend Jana, who took all these photos for me, made fun of me for decorating the wipes tubs.
Photobucket

Right before everyone arrived I called SM over so I could fix her hair right quick. It was the only time all day that she was still for me.
Photobucket

Happy Birthday banners on the back porch.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Favor bags. I think a few of the parents "forgot" to pick these up on their way out. We had quite a few left over.
Photobucket

We had two ponies for the first hour of the party. The kids loved riding them.
Photobucket

Along with the ponies, the crew brought a little goat for the children to pet. I think next to the cake, this was SM's favorite part of the day. She was so cute talking to him. And he was pretty cute too.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Poor Taco. She didn't like the goat. And she really didn't care for all the noisy kids running around all day. By the time they all left, she just laid out on the back porch as if to say, "Whew, I'm glad that's over."
Photobucket

More pony rides. This is my friend Julie's daughter, Elle Elise. Sara Madalin loves EE.
Photobucket

Us with our girl on one of the ponies.
Photobucket

My favorite picture of the whole day. SM with her Papaw. She was so happy to see him and he wouldn't have missed it for anything.
Photobucket

Photobucket

My friend, Penny, and her daughter, Jessa, attended. Jessa was a big help with the little ones as they played on the jumper and in the yard. Here I am with my friend-girl.
Photobucket

We had some of SM's little toys out for the smaller children. They were all so cute, especially around the baby goat.
Photobucket

Connor and Matthew riding a pony.
Photobucket

Their brother, Andrew, riding the other pony.
Photobucket

One last ride for SM before the ponies left. She's eating one of about 10 suckers she had at the party.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Every birthday party we attend, SM manages to stick her finger in the cake. I try to prevent it, but she somehow manages to get away from me and get to the cake and stick her finger in it. She did the same thing at her party. I think she did it right after I brought it outside for us to cut it.
Photobucket

We brought all the kids into the sunroom and washed their hands. This is me explaining why we needed to wash our hands before we ate, and then passing around the wipes tub.
Photobucket

Me and SM as the kids sang to her. I think it embarrassed her just a little at the end.
Photobucket

Julie and I tried to figure out the best way to cut up the cake. I think we did a pretty good job.
Photobucket

I should also take this opportunity to give a "shout-out" to Mr. Brandon for passing out forks and ketchup for me. I can't believe I don't have a photo. But, thanks for the help.

Along with the cake, we also gave everyone a corndog. Someone asked about what kind of corndogs they were. Reagan went to get the box. Jana took that as a photo op. I think this should be Reagan's new Facebook profile photo.
Photobucket

The birthday girl opening her gifts. It was the first year she opened them all on her own. And boy did she tear through them.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This was her "add a pearl" from Papaw.
Photobucket

Mrs. Brown gave us an "add a pearl" necklace when SM was born. She had also done the same thing for Mandy (Reagan's niece). Each year for her birthday, she would give SM another pearl. She gave Mandy one until she graduated high school, I think. She (Mrs. Brown) mentioned on more than one occasion that she wouldn't be able to finish SM's necklace for her. Mr. Brown bought one and gave it to her this year. It was very sweet.

She got some very fun gifts. She has enjoyed playing with them all. One of her favorite things has been the crayons and sketch book from her friends from church, Audrey and Victoria.
Photobucket

Here's my sister, Brandi, and her baby girl, Amandah. Amandah slept through the whole party. She woke up just in time for a little juice before they left to head home. She didn't know what to think about all the people and activity.
Photobucket

I am so thankful for Brandi and Jana. Jana took all the pics and "encouraged" me throughout the day, as only she can. And Brandi is always helpful with anything I need. She cooked the corndogs and got those out to the sunroom for me while I ran around chasing SM and visiting with some of the guests.

After cake and corndogs, the kids continued to play. Here are some of the older boys enjoying more snacks on the swing set.
Photobucket

By the end of the day, some of the smaller kids were exhausted from the heat and playing. Here's little Matthew in the swing. I think if his momma had pushed him long enough, he would have fallen asleep.
Photobucket

Last picture of our girl as she tried to ride her new bike.
Photobucket

We had a great day. I love having friends over for fellowship and am thankful for everyone who made an effort to attend her party. Sara Madalin enjoyed having so many people to play with. Oh, and she loved the fact that she could have all the cake and suckers she could get her hands on. By the end of the day, she was so tired (as were her parents) that we all climbed into our bed and took about a 2 hour nap together. She finished off her birthday by playing in the sprinklers and sand until it was dark out.

We are so thankful for her little life and the chance we had to celebrate it. We are amazed at how smart she is, how much she makes us all laugh, and what a unique little person she is growing into. I can't wait to see what this next year holds for her.

post signature

2 comments:

blessedmomto8 said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL PARTY! LOVE IT! Happy Birthday PRECIOUS!!

Jana said...

By the way SM didn't get in to the cake when you brought it out there it was another time with some one who shall remain nameless!
Love the picture of R and his new job title of being the ingrediants man!