May 13, 2011

Is it Summer yet?

This past Saturday afternoon, Reagan got out Sara Madalin's slip'n slide. I had picked her one up when I was shopping last week, not yet sure if she would like it. Here he is setting it up under the watchful eye of the one who will play on it.
Photobucket

She couldn't quite get the concept of running, then sliding down the mat. She just walked over to it and laid down under the sprinkling water. For her, that was enough.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, she went to the end of the slip'n slide, where the water was pooling, and played there for awhile.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All that fun - and water - caused her pants to slip a bit. I thought she looked funny trying to pull them back up.
Photobucket

She played quite a while in the water. But no matter what she's doing these days, she always comes back to her swing and slide. When I saw her standing at the top of her play set looking out at the yard, I had to take her picture. She loves being up high where she can see everything.
Photobucket

She loves being outside and I'm sure that our Summer will be full of outdoor play much like she had this past Saturday afternoon.

(NOTE: The pink flags that are in some of the pics are stakes that Reagan used to mark off an area near the lake. I figured someone would notice them and ask me what that was.)

post signature

3 comments:

Jana said...

Well I was going to say I love how the flags matched her outfit! Amazing how you can coordinate things!
Also I want to know why R is having to blow up the slide by mouth, you mean to tell me they don't have something at City Drugs to blow things up like that!

Leslie B. Shoemaker said...

If you will put dishwashing soap on the slip n slide, it will be easier for her to slide. My 9 year old Ryan, loves his slip n slide but we didn't know this soap trick until a few weeks ago when we invited a friend over. Garrison suggested the soap and it was awesome how much better they could slide! And SM will get the whole sliding thing in no time!

Leslie - www.confessionsofageorgiapeach.blogspot.com

Laura said...

I'm lovin' those pigtails!!