May 20, 2011

With Sprinkles on Top

Friday afternoon I took cupcakes and candy to Sara Madalin's daycare class to celebrate her birthday. (Last year, all I took was a store-bought cake. I tried to redeem myself this year.) Along with the cupcakes, I took favor bags for the children to carry home with them. I simply filled Ziploc bags with candy and then cut 5 x6 pieces from some colored/patterned paper. I folded those pieces in half and stapled them to the bags. They turned out pretty cute.
Photobucket

I made mini cupcakes for her class. The cupcakes were from a box mix and I made buttercream frosting from scratch to pipe onto them. I topped them with colored sugar sprinkles. They were a hit.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When I got to her school, everyone was just getting up from their nap. SM was still asleep. I had to get a little picture of her. She was so sweet and peaceful looking.
Photobucket

Here she is with two of her friends, Sarah Beth and Charlie. They kept calling me "Sara Madalin's Mommy." When they wanted my attention, they would say, "Hey, Sara Madalin's Mommy." It was funny.
Photobucket

Here's her whole class. They are a hand-FULL!
Photobucket

Here's the birthday girl enjoying a cupcake. Everyone got three each. Mostly all they ate was the frosting on top. (And just an aside between us adults - buttercream frosting does taste good. But once you know the ingredients, it's kind of gross. It's vegetable shortening, butter, a touch of vanilla flavoring, powdered sugar and a couple tablespoons of milk. But mostly, it's shortening and butter. Yuck!)
Photobucket

This is what I get when I say, "Look at Mommy and smile."
Photobucket

They all enjoyed the cupcakes. After they were finished, she and I left and came home. I worked on a few things for the party Saturday and she played. Can't wait to see how much she enjoys the real party on her birthday. Oh, and in case I forget, she'll probably remind me to take her picture a few times during the party. I was looking at something on my phone the other day and when I finished and started to put it down, she said, "You forgot to take my picture, Mommy."

Bless her sweet heart.

post signature

2 comments:

Laura said...

Show off!! LOL!

The Glenn Gang said...

By the way...could you have at least TRIED to make your colors match the blog background?? That would have been impressive!

LOVE IT ALL!