Jun 2, 2011

Ballet Camp 2011

Our church's recreation ministry is offering a number of different camps for children during the summer. I signed Sara Madalin up for a couple. This week she has been attending dance camp. She is in a class with little girls age 3-6 years. I thought she might be a little too young for it since she just turned 3 a couple weeks ago. But I wanted to give it a try and expose her to a class and see how she would handle it. The first day, she was pretty good until snack time (I was told.) After snack, she was a little wild. (They had chocolate cookies. I took fruit for her the next day with instructions to please not to give her chocolate.) The second day they split them into smaller groups by age and she has done much better with that.

Here she is when we first arrived Tuesday morning.
Photobucket

We have a leotard, but I never thought about bringing it. That is, until we got there and about half the little girls had theirs on. She wore hers the rest of the week. I would change her into it when we arrived, and then change her back into regular clothes before we left.

Here she is taking her spot on the red square Wednesday morning. Red is her favorite color.
Photobucket

This is her Wednesday after class with a few of her friends. These girls are 5 and 6 and love Sara Madalin. They try to hug and hold her every time they see her.
Photobucket

Thursday, I came back a little before class ended so I could get a few pictures and video of her practicing. It was so cute.
Photobucket

You might notice that a few of the girls also have on tights and ballet slippers. Sara Madalin doesn't like anything tight, like stockings and tights, so she won't wear them. She'd rather go barefoot.

On our way to class Tuesday morning, I told her she was going to dance. She asked me, "Can I wear a wed gwub Mommy?" So, needless to say, I have been on the hunt for red gloves this week. I finally found some, but they are big and she is not going to wear them in the program Friday. But you should have seen the look on her face when I gave them to her Thursday after class.

Here's a little video of her class. I took it through the classroom door and there was a wall that was in my way. But, you can see how sweet and cute they are. I'm excited about their little recital Friday morning. I might even take more video and pictures. ;-)



post signature

2 comments:

caryn said...

I love all of Sara MadaIin's clothes but I really adore the plaid short set she has on! What beautiful colors.

*Kelly* said...

How fun....the little girls all look like they are having a blast!!!