Jun 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

We went to church with Mr. Brown for Father's Day. Before we left, I got a quick picture of SM and her daddy. It would have been nice for her to look at the camera, but there was a dog near and that was all she could focus on. If there is an animal of any kind remotely near her, that is ALL she hears or sees. But here she is with her Daddy before leaving for church.
Photobucket

I would like to say we really enjoyed church. And the part that I attended, I guess I could say I enjoyed. But, unlike the last time we attended church with Mr. Brown and she was so well behaved, this time she and I had to leave about 20 minutes before service was over. And everyone from the choir to the back of the church knew we were leaving. Why? Because my daughter was saying just as loudly as she could get away with, "I not want to go outside Mommy! I want my Daddy!" I caught at least half of the back row snickering as we left the sanctuary.

She was fine for most of the service. Then, she just would not be quiet and still. She wanted a cup. But she wanted "some mee-ulk!" I only had a cup with water, so I'll let you guess how happy she was about that. She then wanted a snack. So, I gave her a baggy with some cookies. She ate a few, then wanted to hold the rest of the opened bag up in the air and twirl it around a little. So, that's when I walked out with her.

It's an older church, with a few classrooms at the back, right outside the sanctuary. I thought, "We'll go in one of these rooms to play until church is over." As soon as I took her in one of those rooms, she started crying even louder for her Daddy. So, I took her outside. We walked over to the cemetery, just to kill time (no pun intended). But then, she wanted to "pick" me some flowers from the tombstones. She just couldn't understand why she wasn't allowed to take some of the pretty flowers. She said to me, "But I wike to pick you fwowers."

Luckily, we were only out there for about 5 minutes before we saw people coming out of the church and I knew service was over. It was just a lovely Father's Day.

After church, we went to eat lunch with Mr. Brown, then went back to the house so Sara Madalin could play in the water hose for awhile. We had also brought her birthday gift from Jana, a sprinkler/beach ball. She had a great time and burned off some of her energy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mr. Brown came up behind her one time while she was playing and tried to scare her. Little does he know it takes A LOT more than that to scare this girl.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Hope everyone else had as memorable a Father's Day as Sara Madalin's Daddy.

post signature

1 comment:

bella said...

That is a tough age to take to church because you never know how they'll do. My youngest daughter was terrible at church at the same age. I absolutely love her dress and bow. I wish you would do a post on where you get her clothes. They are always so adorable as is your daughter!