Jun 27, 2011

I'm not certain, but I think we went to a baseball game.

Saturday evening, Reagan and Mr. Johnny (Scooter) were given tickets to fill the Coca-Cola box at the Mississippi Braves' game. They passed out the tickets to family and friends so that we could all get together and enjoy a night of baseball and fun. We invited Jana as one of our guests. Sara Madalin LOVES Jana. I took a picture of them, along with Babydoll who goes everywhere with us these days, as we entered the ball park.
Photobucket

We were the first to arrive in our box, and SM took that opportunity to explore. I think it was about the only time all night that she actually looked out on the field. There was just too many people to entertain and too much candy to eat for her to be interested in a baseball game.
Photobucket

Someone named Patrick was there. I was told he won one of the seasons of Biggest Loser. I don't follow that show, but evidently a few people I know do. So, I snapped a picture of him. He was one the three people who threw out a pitch to start the game.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Right as the game started, the real fun began. The crew from down south arrived - MiMi Sue-Sue, Pop-Pop, Ben, Skyler, Cash, Scooter, Uncle Charlie, Mr. Ricky, and his two sons, and Susie's niece and nephew. The majority of people I just listed were there for the food. A few watched the game. But only if it didn't interfere with snacks. Just to prove my point, here are Cash and SM about 2 minutes after Cash arrived. They started their night with a little popcorn in the air conditioned room while the adults sat out in the heat to watch the game.
Photobucket

After they were done with this, they headed outside for some boiled peanuts. At various intervals, they added in chocolate and suckers that Scooter kept passing out. Then it was time for hot dogs, with a side of chicken (off someone's plate) and MiMi Sue-Sue's Philly cheese steak sandwich. Then some more candy as we waited for the ice cream cart to arrive. At one point, I took SM out to the bathroom and she said, "Mommy, my tummy hurts." I said, "I can't imagine why." But then a few minutes passed and she heard ice cream was coming. She said with a big grin, "My tummy not hurt any more."

The ice cream cart was probably the biggest hit of the night. The kids got to go outside and pick which flavor ice cream they wanted, along with toppings. SM was beside herself with the anticipation of standing in line, and choosing all on her own the ice cream she could have.
Photobucket

Skyler was first in line. She chose chocolate ice cream with sprinkles. She is too cute!
Photobucket

Some of the older "kids" waiting their turn.
Photobucket

If you know anything about my girl, you know she LOVES chocolate. She chose chocolate ice cream with no sprinkles.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aren't these two just too much?
Photobucket

After I took this picture, SM said, "Mommy, I stand in line for ice cream all by myself!" I said, "Baby, I know."

Pop-pop waited inside where it was cool until it was his turn for ice cream.
Photobucket

Here's Jana with the two sassy girls. Look at SM. She's so interested in her ice cream that she won't even look up.
Photobucket

The best sugar is chocolate sugar.
Photobucket

After all the food and snacks and about 2-3 soft drinks each (we were in the Coca-Cola room, so soft drinks were cold and free), the kids decided they wanted to go slide on the inflatables that are at the park. A few of the daddies (and one Mi-Mi, Mrs. Jeanette) walked them over there. Here's a picture of SM as she climbed the slide.
Photobucket

Reagan said she climbed, then came back down the ladder and said she didn't want to do it. He convinced to go back up and try it. She did. He said when she came back down the slide, she stood up and said, "Now, that wasn't so bad."

Here are Skyler and SM again. You can tell those two girls are very accustomed to having a camera pointed at them.
Photobucket

Here are the two women who tried their best to keep the kids from hurting themselves, or someone else, all night. The MiMi's - Susie and Jeanette.
Photobucket

In addition to the people that I had listed earlier, Mrs. Jeanette and Mr. John came, along with John, Trey, and Hayes. Also, our friends Rodney and Becki from Sunday school came with their boys, Zach and Peyton. I didn't get pictures of everyone that night because I was just enjoying the fellowship. We had a great time and it was definitely another night of memories with great friends.

We ended up leaving the game around 9:30 or 10:00. It was way past Sara Madalin's bedtime, and with all the sugar she had that night, I was almost certain that she would be difficult to get to sleep. She stayed awake until we got home. I got her ready for bed, read one book, and she was asleep in no time. I was so glad that she enjoyed herself so much.

post signature

1 comment:

Jana said...

Aw I haven't had a chance to look at the blog this week! I love the picture of her and I kissing! I know she loves me but I sure love her more!!
Thank yall for always including me, it means alot!