Jun 5, 2011

My cousin, Amandah

Sara Madalin talks about her cousin, Amandah, all the time. She has named her baby dolls after Amandah. When I ask her what her baby's name is, she says, "Amandah. She my cousin, Amandah." Well, her cousin, Amandah, turned one year old this past Saturday. We went up Friday night for her party on Saturday. Even though Sara Madalin can be a little bit rough and jealous at times, she enjoyed playing with Amandah.

I had made them matching pillowcase dresses last week with some fabric I've had for some time. (Seriously, I think I could make SM one of these dresses almost every day, they are so simple.) My sister, Brandi, needed to run out Saturday morning to pick up just a few more things for the party, so we took the girls by the park to snap pictures of them.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Other than my own child, I'd have to say this is one of the prettiest babies I think I've ever seen.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

That's my girl! She's full force like that ALL THE TIME.

This next picture was one of my favorites.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Reagan was with us. He told her to lie down on her belly like she does when she watches a movie. At night, we let her watch one movie in the guest room before going to bed. (Most nights, but not every night.) We'll peak around the corner at her and this is how we find her. It's so sweet and funny to see her grow up and do things that I've watched other kids do, like that.

I have a ton of pictures from the birthday party that I'll share in another post. We also drove around Smithville. I took pictures of what is left of the town after the tornado that they had a month or so ago. I'll try to share those as well. We had a short trip, but we packed quite a bit into it.

post signature

No comments: