Jul 13, 2011

I may cry... again

I picked up Sara Madalin's school uniforms today. They wear the cutest little knit dresses and short sets in K3 at her school. I made her try them on when I got home in case I needed to exchange them for a different size. I went ahead and got 4T. As you can see, 5T may be in our near future.
Photobucket

There's also a white version of this dress. They were out of it in her size, so I'll need to go back and get it. For play, they also have these short sets in white and blue. She sure is cute.
Photobucket

I'm very thankful and happy that she will begin K3 this Fall. She's smart. She's very friendly and social. I think she will definitely do well. But I'm also a little sad. Where is that little baby that I could barely find clothes to fit just three summers ago? I can't believe that she will be in school in just a few weeks. I'm tearing up now just thinking about it. Now, I understand, it's just half days and it's only preschool. But for someone who thought for so long that I would never drive up to a school anywhere and drop off a child of my own, this is a big deal. And even though I've teared up some today, I am pretty sure I'll be a basket case the first day of school.

post signature

4 comments:

Their Mommy His Wife said...

tell me about it, girlfriend! My oldest just turned 11 and I still cry on the first day of school. Seems like it was only yesterday I took him to his first day of preK. I bawled for a few hours at work, even though he'd been in daycare for a year and a half.
My little girl just barely missed the cutoff in our area to start K3. She's definitely ready, but I don't want to rush it, either.
((hugs)) and blessings!

Penny said...

"But for someone who thought for so long that I would never drive up to a school anywhere and drop off a child of my own, this is a big deal."
I LOVE this! God is so good! Your beautiful little family is so blessed! :)

Rebecca Powers said...

I am SO jealous! Her uniforms are so cute!!! Ours are plaid and horrible! :(

Jana said...

Ok now you have me crying, so the first week you take her to school I am going to have to go with you because you will be crying and want be acle to drive and then the days you want be crying I will be! O man we are never going to make it when she graduates!