Sep 26, 2011

Last Friday Night

Last Friday night, we headed north to spend what has become our annual weekend with two of Reagan's college roommates and their families. I knew the weekend was going to be unforgettable when we drove into Tracey's drive-way late Friday afternoon, and Reagan turned to me and said, "We've got to go back to the house." I said, "Why?" He replied, "Because I forgot the tickets."

Our whole weekend was planned around the Ole Miss/Georgia game and Reagan was in charge of getting the tickets for our party of eleven. I told him I'd go back and he could stay and get dinner started with Tracey and Scott. He offered to keep Sara Madalin with him because she'd already seen all the toys and was itching to get out and play. So, I had a whole 2 hours to myself to enjoy peace and quiet as I drove back the house, then turned right around and came back to our friends'. It was the last little bit of quiet I had until Monday morning.

Here are the guys preparing the Green Egg to grill our dinner. Don't be mistaken by that curling iron-looking thing in Tracey's hands. Reagan informed me it is a torch he uses to light the charcoal.

Photobucket

Since I wasn't around for the first couple hours, I asked Reagan to make sure he took a few pictures for me. Scott texted when they got there. I told him to make sure she still had her bow in her hair. So, between the two of them and Scott's sweet wife, Reagan, here are a few pictures I got from Friday afternoon.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Scott's little girl, Avery. She loved the skateboard. I think it terrified her mom how much she enjoyed playing on it.

Photobucket


Photobucket

We also celebrated Scott's birthday, which I forgot about until we drove up and saw the balloons Friday afternoon. I quickly asked Julie, Tracey's wife, if I had volunteered to bring anything. I'm just so not on top of things sometimes. I had prepared a few dips, some cookies, and a pasta salad for snacks and dinner that night. But I couldn't remember if I was going to do anything else. Luckily, she had handled the decorations and the cake. Whew!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Can I tell you how much this girl loves hanging out with Grant and his brothers. She enjoyed them all weekend. She especially liked all the toys they have. I was back about this time and could over-see the Jeep ride and also take over with photography duties.

Photobucket

She and Grant were riding around and then we looked up and SM had gotten out of their jeep and started riding with another little neighbor, that she'd never met before. The little girl was sweet to let her ride.

Photobucket

That's my girl. Capr-Sun in her hand and charcoal on her face. Why and how the charcoal got there, no one shared that story with me.

Photobucket

After we had dinner, we had cake and pie to celebrate Scott's birthday. Here are the guys and all the kids before we sang to Scott.

Photobucket


Photobucket

We moved the party outside so the kids could play just a little bit longer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Someone caught a frog and it was the BIGGEST thing of the night. Grant put it in a dog crate and the little kids had a great time shining a flashlight in its eyes until it escaped.

Photobucket

Then, to top off the night, Sara Madalin found a Spiderman figurine in Grant's toys. She was beyond ecstatic. (For those who aren't friends with me on Facebook, she wants to be Spiderman for Halloween.) Spiderman ended up bathing with her and also sleeping with her. I'm going to have to find her one of her own someday soon.

Photobucket

Those are just some of the photos from Friday night. I failed to get one very important shot, simply because I wasn't quick enough. The adults were all sitting in the dining room eating, with the exception of about every two minutes when either Reagan or I would have to run to the kitchen to see what SM was into next. Anyway, we were sitting, eating, and talking and someone looked over into the kitchen and SM had a bottle of Ranch dressing open, turned up like a soft drink, and was gulping it. Disgusting! But kind of funny. That's my girl. She made sure Mommy and Daddy didn't have a dull meal all weekend.

There are more pictures to come from our weekend. We had a great time and are always so thankful for the time we get to spend with these sweet friends.

post signature

No comments: