Sep 21, 2011

Sew Much Fun

My friend, Stephanie, announced a few weeks ago that she was going to start teaching a beginner sewing class at our church on Tuesday mornings. I've sewn for many years, so I wouldn't say that I really needed to come for the lessons, but I did want to come for the fellowship. If nothing else, I thought I could use the time to work on a few projects of my own that I've been putting off.

Well, Tuesday was our first day to get together to sew. It was a blast! Mainly because a couple of the girls haven't sewn much (or at all) and they were so funny when Stephanie would tell them the next step in our sewing project. They are just funny girls, whether they are sewing or not. We laughed a lot, which is always how I judge whether I'm enjoying something or not.

Here's Stephanie at the beginning of class. She is a very patient mommy and teacher. I'm glad she decided to get us all together to sew and fellowship.

Photobucket

This is my friend, Shea. I mentioned her in a couple previous posts last week. She has been such an encouragement to me as a mom. She reminds me often that I am not in this alone and that my child is not the only one who disobeys or runs around crazy. She kept Stephanie and I laughing as we sewed.

Photobucket

We had a few more ladies in there with us and maybe I'll get pictures of them next time. It was just a great time to fellowship and sew a simple little project together. We embellished a simple dish towel with scrap fabric. I added a little rick-rack to mine. I thought it would look cute for Christmas.

Photobucket

It would also make a great Christmas gift. I may have to do a few more and keep them on hand for wedding shower gifts.

Again, more important than the sewing project was the time we all got to spend together just laughing at each other and ourself. I'm thankful for these funny girls that God has brought into my life.

post signature

No comments: