Dec 3, 2011

Christmas Challenge: The Christmas Tree

This is our family Christmas tree. It sits in the corner of our living room. I turn it on as soon as I get up every morning. I love having it on and the fire going. It makes the house seem so warm and cozy.

Photobucket

I have had a difficult time finding a tree topper that I'm happy with. I've bought a couple of different stars, but they don't seem to fit just right. When I place them on the top, they lean to one side. So, for now, we have no topper. I'm hoping to buy or make something along the lines of THIS. But it will probably have to wait until next year.

We have so many ornaments that this year I wasn't able to fit them all on there. We have bought an ornament each time we've gone on a trip during our marriage. When SM came along, we began to buy even more. My plan is to one day (in the very distant future, when she's married) give her the ornaments that were bought for her.

Here are a few of my favorite ornaments on our tree right now. The first is Sara Madalin's first Christmas ornament. I still think it's one of the cutest ornaments on our tree.

Photobucket

This next one is my ornament. I saw something not long ago that said, "Given enough Diet Coke, I could rule the world." True, very true. Although, I do drink less now that I probably ever have.

Photobucket

I bought this ornament at a craft show, I think.

Photobucket

This is Sara Madalin's favorite ornament on the whole tree. It plays the Oscar Meyer wiener song. It only has one volume setting. LOUD. It's the only ornament that she is allowed to touch, although, Reagan and I are both re-thinking that.

Photobucket

These two ornaments were a gift from B.B. our first Christmas as a married couple. (Our 15th wedding anniversary was November 23rd.) We always put them at the front of our tree.

Photobucket

This is a new addition to our tree this year. Guess who picked it out.

Photobucket

This is another tree in our living room. It's a small, 3 foot tree that I placed beside the fireplace for Sara Madalin. I've put the ornaments that she's made so far on it, and I'll add to it as she makes more. I think, in the coming years, I will put a larger tree in her room and put these ornaments on it in there. Right now, I don't trust her not to tear them up, so I keep the tree and these ornaments where I can (hopefully) guard and protect them. The star and the extra balls are red, because that is her favorite color.

Photobucket

This is the tree in her room. I probably could have gotten a better picture. This one is a little dark. But it is very pretty.

Photobucket

We turn her tree on at night, when it starts getting dark. I read her stories at night with just the tree on. She loves it. She wants me to leave it on all night, but it's just too bright. And I have a hard enough time getting her to settle down and go to sleep as it is.

You can see in this next shot one of the ornaments we made last week. We also have a little pink tulle and some other pink ornaments on there. It's topped by a pink star and the skirt is actually a tutu of hers that is too small.

Photobucket

Those are our trees around the house. I have a couple small trees on the front porch. I haven't finished decorating out there, but hopefully will get a few shots to post once I have. I told Reagan one night last week, I wish I could leave the big tree up year round. I just love the coziness of having it light the room at night.

post signature

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love your trees! They turned out great! I especially like the personalized family ornament. And the balls you made for SM's tree turned out great! I love the tree we have in Alise's room, too, and I wish we could leave it up. I love to walk down the hall and see it twinkling in her room at night!

caryn said...

Love the trees! The tutu idea is brilliant!