Dec 9, 2011

Christmas Challenge: Santa Claus

These photos are of Sara Madalin during her visit to Santa while we were in Florida last month. My friend, Nicki, told me about this Santa. She had taken her boys to him last year. I loved the photos she posted of them with him. They were candid, not so much posed. And Santa looks real, not fake. We decided to take Sara Madalin one morning before heading home from our vacation. Luckily, I had brought one dress outfit for her on our trip. It's not her Christmas dress, but she looked cute and dressy, which I was happy about. We paid for and received a disc with the photos that the photographer took. I uploaded and edited them just a little before posting them.

When we got to the mall where Santa was, there was no one in line. It probably helped that we went around 10:30 on a Monday morning. So, we walked right up to him. Sara Madalin was in awe. It was so sweet to see her reaction to him. She was a little shy, but she walked up to him and gave him a big hug. And who can resist those big blue eyes of hers, especially after getting a sweet hug? He scooped her right up onto his lap.

Photobucket

You can just make it out, but look to the right, directly behind her head. There is a Spiderman ornament on the tree. I didn't notice it until I was editing the photos. If Sara Madalin had seen that when we were visiting Santa, I'm pretty sure there would have been a fit to take it with us.

Photobucket

They kind of told her how to pose, but she is not really good at taking direction (from her Momma or anyone else). She still took great pictures, even if she didn't pose exactly as the photographer requested.

Photobucket

I cropped really close on this next photo because I love her beautiful eyes. And they were full of amazement this day, you can actually see it.

Photobucket

One last kiss for Santa before leaving. She was so happy, she talked about it all day.

Photobucket

She asked him for a whistle and a slinky. She's pretty easy to please. At least when it comes to what she's asking Santa to bring for Christmas. Not so much the rest of the year.

post signature

No comments: