Dec 1, 2011

Christmas Challenge: Something Red

A few weeks ago I pinned and downloaded a list of photo ideas for the month of December. I think the list I chose to use was originally from this site. I thought it would be fun to try and capture photos for the month following her list. Some of the photos will be fun. Some are just shots from our everyday life. Some, I may not even be able to capture.

For the first day of December, the assignment was to capture the color "red." So, for the past week or so, I've carried my camera pretty much everywhere I've gone and captured things that were red and caught my eye.

This first photo is a shot of Sara Madalin's dress that she wore to church this past Sunday.

Photobucket

And this, of course, is where I spend far too much time and money, especially this time of year. Reagan has taught Sara Madalin to say, when I tell her we are headed to Target, "Target is dangerous."

Photobucket

This is just a shot of a pillow I have in our living room during Christmas time. (I got it at Target, by the way.)

Photobucket

On my writing desk in the living room, I have a glass canister holding red, white, and red/white striped ornaments. They're very sparkly. SM and I LOVE sparkly things.

Photobucket

We decorate our tree with ornaments that we've collected throughout our marriage. But, I also fill in any gaps I might see with red ornaments I've purchased (at places like Target). This is one of my "filler" ornaments.

Photobucket

And finally, the last red thing I captured this week is a shot of some red burlap. I love burlap. Again, I pinned a DIY tutorial for making burlap Christmas stockings that I plan to work on this week or next. But, I bought enough of the burlap for a couple other projects as well.

Photobucket

I had fun looking for red things that caught my eye and reflect some of what is Christmas around our house.

post signature

No comments: