Dec 29, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

In keeping with our tradition we've had since before Reagan and I married, we went to his sister's house Christmas Eve for a chili dinner with his family. I think we were all a little sad remembering Mrs. Brown at that time. When we get together for holidays, it's a reminder that someone is missing. We enjoyed our time together, but we all missed her a little this holiday.

While Susan was finishing up dinner, Sara Madalin went to Mitch's room. While in there she found a wig he had worn to a 70s party at school. She asked him what it was and could she wear it? When she came out to the kitchen wearing it, I told Reagan that was a look at what her hair will be like one day if we never cut it. It's also a lot like her hair when I pick it out and don't wash it in the mornings.

Photobucket

After dinner, she and I decorated cookies for Santa. I had made them at home while she napped earlier in the day. We brought them with us so she decorate. She put a few sprinkles on the two I gave her to decorate.

Photobucket

Then she wanted to "taste" the sprinkles.

Photobucket

Then, I guess, she figured she might as well enjoy the rest of it, and ate the frosting off the tops.

Photobucket

Sue-Sue always has her a gift to open on Christmas Eve. Sara Madalin could hardly wait to get her hands on her present.

Photobucket

It was a new baby doll. Susan had gone to Chicago on business a few months ago and bought SM an American Girl Itty Bitty baby doll at the American Girl store there. SM loved it! She named her Belle and has carried her everywhere.

Photobucket

After leaving Susan's, we came home and got ready for Santa by putting out reindeer food in the front yard. She had made it at school. The day they made it, she told me that night as I got her ready for bed, "We made reindeer food today." I said, "You did?" She said, "Yeah, I ate some."

Photobucket

Photobucket

After putting out the food, she came in and put some milk and cookies out for Santa. She wanted to taste them so bad. But she did good and didn't eat any at all.

Photobucket

She went down to sleep fairly easily. Well, as easily as she ever does, which means we only had to fight her for about an hour to stay in her bed. She got up and came into our room around 2:00. She went straight to her pallet and went back to sleep. Then, around 6:00 she woke up and climbed up onto my step stool beside the bed. I said, "Do you want to get in the bed with Mommy and Daddy?" She said, "No. Living woom." So, that's how our Christmas morning began.

post signature

No comments: