Dec 30, 2011

Christmas Morning 2011

Christmas morning began around 6:00 a.m. at house. That's only slightly earlier than most other mornings around here, so we weren't too surprised.

I went into the living room first and Sara Madalin and Reagan came in a few minutes later. I took a couple pictures of her coming over to the tree to see if Santa had brought any presents.

Photobucket

I know people do gifts on Christmas morning several different ways. We've done it different ways and we've only been doing this for a few years. Usually, what we do is if she has a big gift, that can't be wrapped, it's left unwrapped. If I can put it in a bag or wrap it, I do. It's always so fun to watch her open a gift, especially when she has no clue what might be in the package. And this year, since she only asked for a whistle and a slinky, she was clueless on pretty much everything she got.

I put her gifts in a large red bag and placed that under the tree. She pulled the bag out and opened it to see what was in it.

Photobucket

The first thing she pulled out was a fleece Spiderman blanket I had made her. I seriously think we could have given her that, a whistle, and a slinky, and we'd have had the happiest girl in the world that day.

Photobucket

She usually wakes up and comes into our room in the middle of the night and lies down on a pallet beside our bed and goes back to sleep. Sometimes she'll ask for a sip of water, but usually, she goes right back to sleep and sleeps until the sun starts shining through the blinds. When she comes into our room, she brings this blanket and her baby doll. It's so funny. And sweet.

We moved the bag over to the rug and she began to open her gifts. I didn't get her a lot of gifts, and nothing very expensive. She has such a short attention span, I figured it would be a waste of time and money to go too far with the gifts. Plus, I'm sure in a few shorts years, her wish list will include things more expensive than a $3 whistle and a $2.50 slinky. I'm putting off splurging until those days come. She was so happy with what she got. Occasionally, she would shake a box before she opened it. It was funny to see her this year. She was so excited.

Photobucket

She got a Princess alarm clock. It's also a night light. It has a setting that plays music when it's bedtime. Then a light and alarm that comes on when it's time to get up in the morning. So far, we've set those things but she hasn't paid one bit of attention to either.

Photobucket

She got a chore/reward chart. We hope to start using it soon. She does pretty good when a reward is involved. Especially when the reward is something she can put in her piggy bank. So, if she gets so many positive marks for something in one week, she'll get a quarter. Some of the things we want her to start doing is picking up her room at night, going to bed on time without getting up a million times, and NO WHINING. I'll let you know how that goes.

Photobucket

There's that Slinky.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really did enjoy watching her open her gifts. But I stole more than one glance at the growing pile of trash. I couldn't wait to get that cleaned up.

Photobucket

And there's the whistle. It was in her stocking.

Photobucket

She got some books, some markers, stickers, a Princess Barbie with a couple outfits, some kitchenware and plastics cups for her toy kitchen, along with the things I've already mentioned and shown above.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She also got one BIG gift. It was a gift that had to stay outside. And because it rained all day Christmas day and the day after, she had to watch it through the back door for two days before getting to enjoy it. I'll show you that in one of my next few posts. her Daddy is pretty proud of himself for picking it out all on his own and putting it together.

____________

By the way, I got her Christmas gown at a little shop in Spanish Fort, AL. I picked it up on a girls' weekend trip a couple months ago. She looked so precious in it.

post signature

1 comment:

Courtney said...

It looks like she had a wonderful Christmas. I agree with you, now is the time you can get away with simpiler gifts.