Dec 30, 2011

Sara Madalin's Christmas Ornaments

I love it when my baby girl brings home something from school or church that she made. I have a box FULL of things that she's made just this year. I'm not a hoarded and I will throw away something sooner than I'll keep it - except when it comes to Sara Madalin. I keep everything she makes a mark on. When she started bringing home Christmas ornaments this year, I was so excited. I told her that her ornaments were heirlooms and very special. Here a few of the ornaments that we added to her tree this year.

This is a hand-painted ornament that her teachers gave each student this year. They are in the Turtle class, so they all got a Turtle ornament.

Photobucket

This is an angel whose wings are her little hand prints.

Photobucket

She almost made me cry one day during Christmas break. She walked over to our big tree where we have an ornament from her first Christmas. It's one that she and Reagan made and gave to me for Christmas that year. It's a cast of her hand print at just 7 months old. She walked over to it a week or so ago and said, "Wook, my hand was wittle when I was a baby." Made her momma want to cry.

Here's a gingerbread man she made.

Photobucket

Another ornament with her handprint, this one with snowmen

Photobucket

A reindeer ornament

Photobucket

Nativity/candy cane

Photobucket

The felt reindeer I made for her Christmas party

Photobucket

A wreath

Photobucket

A glitter star

Photobucket

Funny story related to those ornaments. They were all in a paper bag when she brought them home from school. I took them out of the bag and started putting them on the tree. I put the bag in the trash. I was picking up around the house when Sara Madalin came running to get me. She said, "Mommy, come wook! I decorated the kitchen for Christmas!" I went to the kitchen to find that she had pulled the bag out of the trash and poured the glitter all over the floor. I, of course, got onto her for pouring glitter all over the floor, to which she replied, "Mommy, you are being a Grinch."

Hope you've all had a Merry Christmas! See y'all next year.

post signature

1 comment:

blessedmomto8 said...

SUPER CUTE ornaments! Especially the snowman handprint!! Happy New Year!