Jan 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Audrey!

This past Friday afternoon Sara Madalin attended a birthday party for her sweet, sweet friend Audrey. She has got to be one of the sweetest friends Sara Madalin has. We just love her. Here they are as we arrived at the museum where Audrey's party was held.

Photobucket

We saw several of Sara Madalin's friends from school and church. The party was held right during SM's nap time, so we had a few issues with behavior, but overall I thought she did really well. Here they are about to sing to Audrey and enjoy some cake.

Photobucket

Audrey opening her gifts. She was so sweet and told everyone "Thank you" as she opened her gifts.

Photobucket

And here's Sara Madalin with my friend, Stephanie. Mrs. Stephanie is also SM's Sunday school teacher and SM loves her. She wouldn't sit in my lap, but she hopped right into Stephanie's.

Photobucket

After cake and gifts, the children went into the museum to play. There was all kinds of neat things for them to do. They pretended to cook in a little kitchen, shop in a Farmer's Market, and use wavy machinery similar to what is used to move logs in the forest. SM liked that she got to wear a "hard" hat and safety vest.

Photobucket

Look at this baby girl. She was working y'all.

Photobucket

We left a little early because she was beginning to disobey and not listen to anything I said. I knew I was pushing it by taking her at that time, and I had told her before we went into the party that if she began to misbehave and disobey, we'd have to leave. She did great for awhile, but after about an hour, she was just more than I could handle in that setting. So, we said our good-byes, hopped in the car and headed home. She was asleep about 20 minutes later.

post signature

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So glad to read that I am not the only momma who has to leave a party early because my child needs a nap BADLY!