Jan 16, 2012

It's all about the "cleaks"

If this doesn't look like a future professional athlete, I don't know what does.

Photobucket

But then again, as her momma, I might be just a little biased.

We have officially signed up for Spring Soccer at a local club in the U4 (under 4) division. She starts practice next week and has her first game on the 28th. If I told you she is excited about playing, I'd be lying. Cause she's ECSTATIC!!! We went Saturday morning and bought her cleats (or cleaks, as she calls them), shin guards, shorts, socks, a ball, and some Under Armor. She wanted to wear the cleats and shin guards out of the store. Seriously. She had a little "fainting spell" right there in the store, complete with wailing and gnashing of teeth, because I took the shoes off her and put her street shoes back on her.

All we have left to complete her uniform is her jersey that she'll get from the club, and a pair of short to wear under her soccer shorts. The only reason we don't have those shorts is because I couldn't find an XXS for our thin little athlete. Luckily, her soccer shorts have drawstrings.

AS SOON as we got home Saturday afternoon (after enjoying lunch with Granny and Gramps), she begged to put her gear on and go outside to "practice." She was a natural, if I do say so myself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We let her play for a little while, then she took a little rest (that's code for "nap" at our house). I told her I would wash her clothes and they'd be ready for practice when we go next week. Well, when she got up from her rest, one of the first things she asked was, "Did you wash my soccer clothes yet?" See, just a little excited, huh?

And if you think I wasn't made to be a soccer mom, I've got a little video Reagan took Saturday that would prove you wrong. I'd post it, but I'm too embarrassed by my enthusiasm. Let's just say, no matter how many people are there to cheer on those sweet little 3-year-olds, Sara Madalin's momma will definitely be heard. That's my baby, and I've waited a very long time to yell her name from the sidelines of a sporting event. Good thing she's still too young to be embarrassed by that.

Get ready for some soccer posts, y'all.

post signature

No comments: